UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

For Sale threads

Old 03-10-2011, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right i'm happy to be called stupid after this question but....................I'm a member on here, does that mean i'm a S2KUK member too?
Or am I right in thinking they are two seperate forums?

I'm confused to why you would join S2KUK and not here!?!?!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:25 AM

2 separate organisations and memberships, but only one forum.
S2KUK doesn't have a forum, it uses the S2KI forum.

There's a sticky at the top of this forum that explains it all.

Basically, S2KI membership is for extra forum stuff, S2KUK membership is for discounts and real world events.

I'm confused to why you would join S2KUK and not here!?!?!
I don’t need any of the benefits offered by the S2KI membership.
I'm happy to accept a free forum with a moderate amount of advertising.

Actually, I'm confused in the opposite manner.
I've no idea why people are willing to pay for a few pixels by their name and for some online photo storage.

But, we're all different.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob88
I've no idea why people are willing to pay for a few pixels by their name and for some online photo storage.
S2Ki does not run on thin air, without paying members there would probably be no S2Ki.

As far as I am aware running this site is a full time job for CThree and is his main source of income. I am more than happy to pay something for his hard work in maintaining the site.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:03 AM

Without seeing account books (which is none of my business) we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.
I'm part of many online communities of various sizes and none of them charge an annual fee at all.

I'm impressed by CThrees business model. Actually making money out of forum users is damned impressive; rather than having a large user base to sell to advertisers or sponsors.

Anyway, this is quite a digression from the thread, so I'll stop there.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob88
2 separate organisations and memberships, but only one forum.
S2KUK doesn't have a forum, it uses the S2KI forum.

There's a sticky at the top of this forum that explains it all.

Basically, S2KI membership is for extra forum stuff, S2KUK membership is for discounts and real world events.

I don’t need any of the benefits offered by the S2KI membership.
I'm happy to accept a free forum with a moderate amount of advertising.

But, we're all different.
Given the context of this thread, it seems strange you forgot the ability to sell stuff.

I always paid both subscriptions. S2KUK for the dealer discounts - I've saved hundreds of pounds, and S2ki for all the help and advice I've received (as well as other benefits - I've saved a lot in Ebay fees).

One of my other most visited forums, which used to be one of the largest (DVDForums) is constantly struggling to meet its costs, in spite of advertising.affiliate linking and so on. AV Forums manages well enough without subs.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:38 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
There are plans for a classified section on the new S2KUK website.
Would it be possible, once the new S2KUK site is up and running, to have a hyperlink here on UK part of S2ki to the S2KUK marketplace ?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:34 PM

Thanks Luva and Rob you've answered my question. LTB I'm guessing it would be no as that would be pretty much the same as advertising on here. Plus I would expect non S2KUK members won't be able to view ?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vixen
Thanks Luva and Rob you've answered my question. LTB I'm guessing it would be no as that would be pretty much the same as advertising on here. Plus I would expect non S2KUK members won't be able to view ?
I would want non S2KUK members to be able to view it. If for example, someone who is in the maket for well looked after car of any make, they should look at owners club cars, as by definition they're owned by enthusiasts and should have better cared for cars.

I would like to reach the widest possible audience with any advert placed, especially as our particular car was niche to start off with. Also, it should be good for the club as if a car is purchaced via that roure, the new owner is exposed to the club earlier and much more likely to join.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by PaulF
I would want non S2KUK members to be able to view it. If for example, someone who is in the maket for well looked after car of any make, they should look at owners club cars, as by definition they're owned by enthusiasts and should have better cared for cars.

I would like to reach the widest possible audience with any advert placed, especially as our particular car was niche to start off with. Also, it should be good for the club as if a car is purchaced via that roure, the new owner is exposed to the club earlier and much more likely to join.
So that would be s2ki then Paul as both sets of members can view. If non s2kuk members can view their forum then it's a bit pointless.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by PaulF
+ 1 , most definitely!

Originally Posted by Vixen
So that would be s2ki then Paul as both sets of members can view. If non s2kuk members can view their forum then it's a bit pointless.
Personally I don't think it would be that pointless. It's the same as non S2KI members being able to view the S2KI 'For Sale' forums - its a good thing, in my opinion. If that wasn't the case, the prospective buyers that your advert reaches is pretty minimal.

Quick Reply: For Sale threads