UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

For Sale threads

Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad choice of words Chet I didn't mean it like that. I don't know what the plan is with the new forum but I think the original idea was that you had to be an s2kuk member only to use it, so I assume no one else would be able to view. Obviously I don't know what the plan is yet as it hasn't been revealed

I meant it would seem a bit pointless to create a forum that you had to be a member of, then allow anyone to get into it (but I agree the more exposure the better for for sale threads).
Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vixen
Bad choice of words Chet I didn't mean it like that. I don't know what the plan is with the new forum but I think the original idea was that you had to be an s2kuk member only to use it, so I assume no one else would be able to view. Obviously I don't know what the plan is yet as it hasn't been revealed

I meant it would seem a bit pointless to create a forum that you had to be a member of, then allow anyone to get into it (but I agree the more exposure the better for for sale threads).
No problem, I did think twice about how you meant to word it .

The potential negative being that if very few members sign up, activity and input could be quite minimal, rendering the new forum useless.
In the specific case of S2KUK, I think an 'open' and 'free' forum would suit best [with perhaps a rule like S2Ki in that only paying members can start For Sale threads], mainly because the paid membership serves as a good discount for several retailers [as is the status quo] and the S2KUK-specific forum would serve as a bonus by-product.... else the forum could easily remain very quite due to S2Ki already renown as the number 1 forum for S2000 owners.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vixen

I think we're on the same page here. I would like the new sections of the club site to be closed to non members, and rightly so, but for the For Sale adverts to be as visible as possible, but not open for anyone to post in. The link to the For Sale section should be on the home page, but be the only section to be accessible without membership.