UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Science of speed supercharger kit

Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Science of speed supercharger kit

Hi guys ,

Any of you guys in the uk using this kit on your s? If so how would you rate this compared to other kits on the market ? the reviews / feedback seems to be really good in the USA.
Along with the group buy they are doing at the moment it works out considerably cheaper than the tts rotrex kit, even with the fuel management package SOS offer .
Please let me know your opinion on this kit and if you think it's worth investing in, I've done my fair bit of research on this and have come to the conclusion I would rather go down the supercharged route over the turbo .
Cheers
Elliot
Old 04-29-2013, 04:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blue monster has the kit and really rates it, it does sound good.

Are you sure it works out cheaper after postage, VAT and import duties? Plus the possible upgrade to the 1200 charger and larger heat exchanger. I had priced it up in the past you see and think they were roughly the same

My TTS makes great power, but I'm having some bearing issues at the minute with some of the extra pulleys that route the belt. Hopefully they will be sorted soon! It is good that TTS are in the UK for any probs, but I'm not sure if the SOS kit runs in to many from what I've read!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Elliot,

I am running this kit & like you spent around 6 months researching it before taking the plunge.

I have put nearly 4,000 miles on my kit without one single issue and I use my car as a daily driver.

The main benefits of this kit over others is reliability. The key areas that other kits fail are items such as the main bracket (you could bolt your house to the SOS one & it wouldn't move) vs. some of the other brackets on other kits that resemble biscuit tin lids There are other items too such as the main crankshaft pulley is a straight swap vs. messing around & having to get yours machined to fit / accept a 2nd pulley as with other kits. Also, when I have spoken with Paxton (as I had a few issues with getting my car up and running that turned out to be nothing to do with the SOS kit) they stated that they have not had a Novi 1200 to fail to date.

If you are going to invest in the group buy I would have a think about what kind of power you want to make as I think that the stage 2 kit comes with 650cc injectors, a standard heat exchanger, a 4.4" pulley, the Novi 1220 blower (definitely upgrade to the 1200 for the sake of $65). As far as I am aware the kit doesn't come with an uprated fuel pump, wideband senor or an uprated 3 bar map sensor.

So, it may be worth looking at the tuner kit (again depending on how much power you want to make) as you can get your own injectors, uprated fuel pump and EMS (possibly 2nd hand as there are often items such as this for sale on this forum).

if in doubt speak with Chris or Jeff at SOS as they are top blokes and should be able to work something out with you.

I will shut up for now as I could go on about how good this kit is all day but if you want more info drop me a PM.

Cheers
Martin
Old 04-29-2013, 05:00 AM

Many thanks for your input guys, much appreciated!

Just the sort of info i was after, Martin i have sent you a PM
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Martin's kit looks and sounds awesome! I talked to him last week about it. I plan on going the supercharged route myself next year sometime.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 AM

im also looking at the SOS kit, have you got a link to the group buy ?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Andybill
im also looking at the SOS kit, have you got a link to the group buy ?
Here is what I posted last week

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...eed-group-buy/
Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Community Organizer

Elliot, YHPM
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want a ride in a charged S
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Beato
I want a ride in a charged S
Turbo makes a sc look gay not my words but I agree ha ha ha ha .

Quick Reply: Science of speed supercharger kit