UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Scum

Old 10-02-2007, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Oct 2 2007, 11:08 AM
certainly consider moving to a more salubrious area, in the meantime!
It's not exactly a bad area he stays in just now.

Seems very odd place for "drive by" vandalism. Could it have been an attempted break in, but they were disturbed and scarpered?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:28 AM

I have a recent story to add to this title!

Was in SW France a fortnight ago and parked on a quiet residential street in Hossegor whilst I was on the beach. Unfortunately some pr1ck parked their Toyota Yaris up the road on the opposite side and left their handbrake off. They left the car and returned to it up to 2hours later to find it buried into the front right of my S. There were lots of witnesses and the scumbag even had his phone number on a for sale sign in the window BUT he legged it!!!! Sadly, not one of the witnesses thought he would leg it so failed to get more than a few digits of the number plate - leaving him untraceable (and the police didn`t want to know).

I had to lever the front wheel free before driving 1000+km home the next day. fortunatley the lights worked somehow, despite their being approx.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by euan,Oct 2 2007, 01:14 PM
It's not exactly a bad area he stays in just now.

Seems very odd place for "drive by" vandalism. Could it have been an attempted break in, but they were disturbed and scarpered?
Possibly.

There are quite a few cigarette butts in that corner of the carport - I'm wondering if local kids use it as a place to hide from prying eyes and puff away whilst drinking their Buckie.

I'm generally the only car in there (space for 4) - wonder if they got fed up with me taking up "their" space...
Old 10-02-2007, 06:51 AM

You upset anyone recently Badger ??

tommyb82 have you thought of repairing the car using parts from breakers instead of going via insurance, you shouldn't have to really but with the excess and hike in premiums it's worth a thought ??
Old 10-02-2007, 07:04 AM

Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by simonprelude,Oct 2 2007, 06:51 AM
tommyb82 have you thought of repairing the car using parts from breakers instead of going via insurance, you shouldn't have to really but with the excess and hike in premiums it's worth a thought ??
Thought briefly about it but what made the nightmare even worse was that my MOT and tax ran out a few days after the incident - couldn`t get the MOT done with the damage, therefore couldn`t get a new tax disc - only option was to get it to a honda sharpish and declare it off the road (I have to park it on the street).

Glad Elephant allow me to chose where to take it rather than a cheapo garage that they reccommend (altho that luxury means you have to forego a free hire car)

Parts required will include new bumper/front right wing/perhaps light console/wheel arch cover/light washing bits/and definitely some supportive metal struts underneath the wing/bumper....

I am terrible with cars so decided to just bite the bullett and get the job done by honda. Also, a 63k service was due (as well as the MOT) so all being done in one place - may not be the cheapest but defintely less hassle!

Just hoping I can find a new sympathetic insurer!!!! Or get them to renew my policy taking into account that it was a no fault claim.....
Old 10-02-2007, 07:53 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

You're right to take it to Honda, especially if it's squashed the air pump.

It's typical of the Elephant patheticness though. Any company with a cartoon for its logo is bound to be a bunch of useless muppets.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just looked at this thread again. Grrrr it makes me mad.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:09 AM

Tommy - try A-Plan in Newbury. Been competitive for me on the premiums, plus sorted stuff out when required.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 AM
J_D

Sorry to see that mate, gutted for you. Maybe the dumb gets thought it had a glove box, broke in, got confused or maybe disturbed and ran off.

Most probably smackheads, they do this to feed their habit, even if nothing is on show.

I have theory though, " what goes around comes around " you never know the guy who did it may over dose or something.

Quick Reply: Scum