UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

SCZ4's S2000 Mods and Maintenance

Old 11-17-2012, 04:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SCZ4's S2000 Mods and Maintenance

I've had my S2000 since June now, had a brilliant summer with it, done about 2000 miles. But now winter is here, it's tucked up in the garage until spirng. I've always liked them, almost bought a new one in 2005, which ironically is what I have now but ended up with a 2 year old Z4 3.0 which I ended up supercharing

Like all of my previous cars I usually have a list of mods and maintenance for the winter to keep me busy. So far, all I've done is a K&N, Alpine headunit and allignment. Oh and the keyhole covers

I'll update this thread as I go, but for now my plans are:

- Fit Eibach springs
- Get the "exhaust mod" done. As you can see below, I've got 32 and 37mm pipe, just can't decide!
- Have the front bumper resprayed as I've a short plate on now leaving holes and rear spoiler colour matched and fitted.
- Have the steering wheel retrimed by Robin
- WaxOyl the arches and sills. I can't believe how thick the dirt is on the arches, started scratching some off (see below)
- Paint brake calipers and suspension components
- Try and do something with the centre caps, cover them in carbon vinyl or have the sprayed in the same colour.
- Allignment
- Service & MOT
- Full detail
- Potentially fit spacers depending on the stance once lowered

Another suggestions? Plenty more planned for the following winter />/>/>/>

Here's some pics.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you going to WaxOyl it... spray or brush?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM

Brush as everywhere is pretty accessible, sills, inner arches etc.

My mate used an air gun and made a bit of a mess, so best avoided if possible!!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by SCZ4
Brush as everywhere is pretty accessible, sills, inner arches etc.

My mate used an air gun and made a bit of a mess, so best avoided if possible!!
Yeah I think the time saved spraying on is lost when you have to claybar everyones car within half a mile.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:09 AM

depending on how much the springs lower it by, 15-20mm spacers do work wonders with the standard wheels. Theres a post in the US forum about "stancing" on standard rims
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 AM

Yeap, been eying these up:

Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 AM

your garage looks super tidy its what mine looked like before i started acquiring parts :/
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 AM

Bit of an update, been busy over the last month or so.

Sneak preview of the retrimmed steering wheel, gear gaiter pictures to follow, brand new with red stitching. New gear knob to go with:

UK Exhaust mod done, using 40mm pipe, 37mm internal, can't wait to hear it. New fixings too.

Eibach springs fitted, shocks painted:

Waxoyl applied to the underside of the car, arches, suspension and underneath bracing. Also painted the brake discs and caliper as they were in a poor state and sprayed the inner wheel arches matt black to freshen them up.

Wheel given a good clean, inside and outside. Centre caps wrapped in carbon vinyl with new logos. Also, being very anal I've sprayed the rusty looking wheel weights.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

Did you check the rear arch lips for corrosion , the actual lips of mine are ok its up the inner wings that there is some surface rust . Most people recommend removing the rubber protectors to clean and waxoyl this area before refitting .

Just jet washed the whole rear end of my car before starting to sort bits of rust out and doing the same as you a full underseal job
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM

No signs of any rust on mine front or rear, I had a good check. It's a 2005 with 40k miles. I did remove the rubber protectors at the rear and front arches before waxoyling, cleaned everything then applied the waxoyl, horrible stuff to work with.

Quick Reply: SCZ4's S2000 Mods and Maintenance