UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Servicing near Chepstow

Old 04-22-2017, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servicing near Chepstow

I've recently moved to Chepstow - anyone able to recommend a good place around there for servicing/diagnostics/repair? There's an MOT coming up and my regular shop is now 120 miles away. Needn't be Honda as long as they're good and trustworthy.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A fellow Chepstownian, aye! I've recently moved over to Bristol but lived in chepstow for the other 22+ years of my life... Annoyingly I don't know the names of the places, just know and trust the owners. (I'll get names and postcodes for you later, if you're interested!)

For MOT's there is a great little place in Caldicot, my old man's know the owner for years, drop the Westgarth name and he'll be good as gold. haha

For body work there is another garage tucked down by the train station in Lydney. His work can be amazing, and he's a nice guy.

For mechanical repairs, there a garage up in St Briavels, I've never actually taken my S there, i do all that myself, but I know a few people that trust just him and only him for mechanical work.

If you want to get some tyres swapped for cheap, there's a little place in spitty, Newport that do it for £5 a tyre (or at least they used to!).

There's a great little auto parts store in Bulwark, just as you drive in on the right, i advise you got there, great little shop and the owners are always a pleasure. Much better than Motorworld just down the road!

Hope that helps!

Ta,
Grant.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:06 PM

Thanks for that bunch of information Grant - I'd be more than happy to see names and postcodes whenever you have time (I have a few weeks before the MOT, I'm just getting genned up and prepared.
Lovely part of the world here, but have yet to find time to explore the roads much.
Cheers, Steve.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:24 AM

No worries, I'll see if I can find out for you.

Chepstow average, but the FOD is lovely. Some nice roads up to Monmouth, and some really good tight roads around the forest. Start in Chepstow, head up to Monmouth past the race-course and through Tintern (check out the Abbey), then head back through the Forest to Lydney/Bream etc. You'll find some nice roads and sights along the way!

Where about in Chepstow are you?

Ta,
Grant.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:58 PM

I'm in Pwllmeyric (I can handle the Anglicized pronunciation but struggle a bit with the Welsh - I sound as though I'm suffering from a catarrh problem). Any success with names?
Old 05-13-2017, 01:14 AM

Any luck Grant with finding info?
Old 05-14-2017, 01:07 PM

Hi buddy, really sorry, completely forgot about this!

I'll see if I can find out now for you.

Aahh nice, I used to live in the now vets at Larkfield roundabout up the road.

I drove up through there today at about 15mph looking out for any S2000! None on the main road through.

​​​​​​
Old 05-14-2017, 01:18 PM

Hey, I've had a look, and got all bar one!

Abacus Advanced Automotive Services is the garage in Newport that used to do all my tyres.

C and R Vehicle Repair Centre is the spray shop in Lydney.

DRW Autos is the garage in St Breivals.

Mikes Auto Supplies is the little shop in Bulwark for bits and bobs.

Unfortunately I can't find ANY info online for the not place in Caldicot, I'll have to see if my Dad has any info on it.

Hope some of that comes in helpful at some point.

Cheers,
Grant.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:01 PM

No worries Grant - I'd have reminded earlier had I not forgotten I'd asked!
Thanks for the info - all v. useful to have. The Caldicot addition would be a bonus.
We looked at a barn conversion up there at High Beech but it had no garage, and I have a bit of a fixation about a home for the motor (saw details of an old schoolfriend's extended garage today. A triple including a hydraulic 4 post lift and an engineering mezzanine with drill.lathe and milling machine. Roof tiles were hand-made in Italy. After seeing that I'm still trying to rebuild my self-esteem)
Mind you, he didn't have and S2k in it.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 PM

Hi Grant - any luck with the MOT place? if not the name, just a vague recollection of location in Caldicot would be a help.
Cheers
Steve

Quick Reply: Servicing near Chepstow