UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Servicing in the South

Old 05-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servicing in the South

Hi all

I was hoping for some pointers on good garages for a full service inc valve clearances around the Southampton area.

I called Hendy Honda in Southampton, unfortunately they lived up to my expectations that we pretty low due to many forum members' comments. The first lady I spoke to had no idea what an S2000 was, which I found a bit worrying. Then the guy in the service station seemed a bit clueless as well. Firstly he didn't know what a full service for £250 included, so he guessed. When I asked if that included checking/adjusting the valve clearances he went away and came back and said £350 isn. I knew this was wrong, but thought if I booked before they realised I'd get away with it. Unfortunately the guy found the servicing price list and said 'oh wait... it's actually £650, sorry about that' Nevermind.

Any suggestions/goods experiences from other places nearby?

Cheers
Old 05-05-2014, 03:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.hendyperformance.co.uk/

Hendy Honda porchester are good Si ar Hendy performance is on holiday at the moment back tomorrow. he can be found in the traders forums.

Karen on the desk at Hendy porchester is brilliant shes an american muscle car fan loves her V8s...

The master techs at portchester fitted Si's car (an s2000) with a supercharger so definatly know what a s2000 is they also have worked on my car and its aĺl good.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:03 PM

They must have changed a significant amount of staff over the last couple of years - they were beyond horrific when I had my S.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2014, 11:19 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Take it for a blat up the M3 to TGM in Fleet (although valve clearances will need cold engine) - they have a good reputation and you'll get what you need out of the service.

Someone else with a recent full service thread https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...th-service-420
Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 AM

TGM ^
Old 05-06-2014, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by loftust
They must have changed a significant amount of staff over the last couple of years - they were beyond horrific when I had my S.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
wow! they fittes my miltec.... the next week they fittes my decat FOC!! the master tec I spoke to was very good... clean tools, tidy work area veey knowledgeable especially in regard to the low oil pick up tct issue.... they had an s2000 on site to test fit parts on to see the difference in the tct and oil pick up etc etc....
Old 05-06-2014, 01:40 AM

I can't speak about Hendy, but I've been using TGM for 5 years now. Extremely competent in all aspects of Honda care, and they will be straight with you about what needs doing or what can be lived with.
The only criticism I can have is that sometimes they are too busy - which is not a criticism as such but an indicator of their popularity.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:06 AM

Give Andy at Veysport a ring. Did a full vehicle inspection including leakdown test on my new purchase and then a full service including removing and greasing all geo bolts for a lot less than £650.

Recently moved from Verwood to Bransgore - really knows his stuff and keeps you updated!

Speak to Mark (MB) - Andy fettles his beast.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:20 AM

I've been using TGM for over 2 years now with both my EP3 and S2k, its handy being round the corner but i would definitely recommend then without any hesitation

I have had 2 full services inc valve adjustments, gearbox oil, diff oil, all filters, plugs etc on mine in less than a year with the miles i do and its only just over £650 total
Old 05-06-2014, 06:32 AM
DCC

Originally Posted by Wishfull thinker
Give Andy at Veysport a ring. Did a full vehicle inspection including leakdown test on my new purchase and then a full service including removing and greasing all geo bolts for a lot less than £650.

Recently moved from Verwood to Bransgore - really knows his stuff and keeps you updated!

Speak to Mark (MB) - Andy fettles his beast.

They're in Bransgore now?! that's supa handy - where? site still says verwood...

But to the OP - i've been at TGM for a nearly 4 years, and Tom is an absolute hero.

Quick Reply: Servicing in the South