UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

She's in getting her geo done - printout added

Old 03-05-2011, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's in getting her geo done - printout added

Sat in the waiting room watching the dials on the display hopefully go from red to green

Just going with the standard HUK settings, at the moment they are so far out the readings were off the scale

Looking forward to driving it with a proper set up on the new coilovers...

Will post before and after sheets once she's done.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 AM

hey this is going to be a totally noob question but how do you know when your geo needs doing. i've had mine for about 6 months now. what are the general symptoms and what exactly does the process involve! sorry for the totally stupid question!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:53 AM

Im getting mine done as ive just replaced all the suspension, toe arms and dropped it quite low.

You should get your Geo checked once a year or more as these cars are very sensitive to geometry settings.

Check the FAQ out for more info on this, there's plenty of info on this forum in old threads...

As for my geo, they can't get the rear camber any better than 2.3 degrees. The passenger side was possible but not the drivers side They have set both side equal and got the toe spot on.

May have to raise the car a little to reduce the excessive camber unless there is a camber adjustment kit out there for the rear?

Doesn't look too good especially with my uneven ride height issues at the back. May have to look at getting a replacement rear subframe and arms in the future or just live with it...

Any advice welcome
Old 03-05-2011, 12:57 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Mr Fish, do you mean they cant pull the wheels in from -2,3 degrees, or do you mean positive?

Who's doing the geo?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 AM

Sorry, thats negative camber (wheels tucked in at the top) :-)

It's a proper rig it's on (forgot the name but it's the one with the square plates with lots of dots on them )

Searching through the threads there seems to be a few running these extreme cambers without much issue (providing toe is correct) but it does point to something being bent at the back I suppose I could always modify the OEM eccentric bolt to allow more camber adjustment but thats a bit of a bodge isn't it?

Thanks,
Mark (Mr Fish )
Old 03-05-2011, 01:22 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep don't bodge it.

I had -3 at the back, for track so -2.5 isn't too bad in the short term. You will wear the inner edges quicker but it will corner nicely

Does sound like something has had a nock at the rear...
Old 03-05-2011, 01:31 AM

I guess it'll be an utter nightmare trying to find where the fault is... ill leave it alone for now if it drives OK

Thanks bud,
Mark
Old 03-05-2011, 01:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im in the same boat coilovers on driverside rear out plus the bolt is nackerd £28 for new bolt, nut, washer back in on monday.
Because of the 255/35/18 r888s on the back ,i havent dropped it that far so i might get it back in .
Old 03-05-2011, 02:07 AM

Well, she's done and I've taken her for a test-drive...

First impressions. Straight line grip is worse now, the weather is not great though so need a dry day. I'm a little nervous in the corners with her at the moment, she feels much more 'lively' I think ill try and soften the dampners a touch to see if the helps. Ride quality is not as good as before, I think this may be down to the pillowball mounts and solid toe arms coupled with the 12/10 springs.

I'm also getting slight rubbing with the tyres on the plastic liners in road dips and have already touched a sill on a small speedbump, that's height related though so my own doing

Am I happy? Not sure yet, she looks so much better for it but for everyday driving I may have gone too far and should have stuck with some lowered springs time will tell.

Biggest bug bear for me though is still the ride height difference at the back!

Mark
Old 03-05-2011, 02:50 AM

Here's the printout...

Quick Reply: She's in getting her geo done - printout added