UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Show me what your Honda emblem looks like

Old 10-18-2001, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show me what your Honda emblem looks like

OK, it's been said that the U.S. S2000 "H" emblems are "H" cutouts with the body color showing through and that you guys have a solid badge with a background color that is the same as your body color. Can anyone here link me to a photo that shows what your badge looks like?

FYI, the '02 S2000s in the U.S. have larger emblems than before and they sure look like the emblem that is on SwissS2ki's car. How did that happen? Shouldn't he have one of the emblems like you guys with the background color?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2001, 01:12 PM

Here are some pic's, sorry about the lighting!

You can see the design best on the bottom photo, the badge is filled with a transparent plastic filler, similar to the black chrome badges I guess. Anyway, I find them quite easy to wax around...
Old 10-18-2001, 02:06 PM

Awesome photos! Thanks. In case anyone is wondering what the '02 emblems on U.S. models look like, here's a link: http://63.144.222.236/s2k/hondanew.jpg

From the photos it looks like "your" emblems are thicker and stick out more from the body. I think that's how they look to me. If I want a set of "your" emblems in red, can I bribe anyone here to buy me a set and to send it over? I'm willing to send money plus anything parts-wise to sweeten the deal. Maybe you need some Zaino? Coffee from Starbucks? (although we all know that Peet's coffee is much better). Just name your bribe.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

..........yes Scooby, your comments are correct (it was me who made the observetions on the US post) - I would say that the H on the UK badge is slightly larger than the US one. The UK badge certainly sticks out at lease 2 x as far as the US one - the US 'H' does look neat, but I remember thinking when I saw it ' that will be a pain' to wax around' - this view was later confirmed by a post on the 'wash and wax forum'

PS - Red - are those your plates? I guess you have been at them with an photo editor???
Old 10-19-2001, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK- so where can I see a pic of your Honda badges?

The badges we have are a pain to wax around and get into. The Honda badge has always been like this here.

I've thought about the Black Chrome option on the new S2000 because that badge is filled in, but I don't like the black on a yellow car. Now if I could only find a big red one I would be so
Old 10-19-2001, 08:04 AM

Hey Triple-H, "their" emblem is what is shown in the pics in this thread. Because of the silver background it just looks like "our" outline badges. So you want to help me bribe one of these UK folks to send us some red emblems???? I don't like the black chrome ones either.

I have an incoming '02 in red and I don't like the big-ass new emblems that Honda has decided to stick on the front and back. I guess I could just buy a set of the '01 ones and that would take care of it but it sure would be nice to have a set of the UK red ones. Maybe one of you UK folks wants the U.S. outline ones just to be different. Care to trade a set?
Old 10-19-2001, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To those in the UK - is the badge on your 2002 model bigger than the badge on the 2001 model?

Scooby2 - might be a working plan, but I would like the new big version in red, but I could settle for a small red version.

I'll keep bouncing back to this thread for more info, thanks for explaining the pics were not our outline versions, I looked more carefully. Those are much more befitting to an expensive car, because our outline type is just like what is on my CRX-Si, and that was less than half the MSRP of the S2000.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Triple-H / Scooby - I am sure I / we in the UK can sort out something if you are interested in aquiring some 'UK style' badges - I will get some prices early next week and post back here
Old 10-19-2001, 06:32 PM

Yes I am definitely interested in getting a set of the UK badges, either from '01 or '02 and if there is a difference in the size, I'd prefer the smaller ones.

In case anyone is curious about the pricing on the '00 and '01 U.S. badges, they run about $35US but one of the board sponsors sells them for about $21US. I would be happy to send some back your way if interested. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:56 AM

Any word on pricing yet? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Show me what your Honda emblem looks like