S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Sign of a great car (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/sign-great-car-550853/)

CiderBoy 12-15-2007 01:16 PM

Sign of a great car

I am close to doing a deal for a new car and will hopefully tie everything up on Monday.

I've just put a few bits for sale, which included a few pictures which made me think.

This car has given me some great times and I am really sad to think about it going.

It's also the perfect combination of speed and handling. I feel I can extract almost every ounce from it these day and am confident throwing it around.

If fact, I would go as far to say that I am actually bordering on a re-think and keeping the S.

alex.stanley 12-15-2007 01:30 PM

Keep the S nick, you know you want to really! :D

RUSS H 12-15-2007 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by CiderBoy,Dec 15 2007, 10:16 PM

It's also the perfect combination of speed and handling. I feel I can extract almost every ounce from it these day and am confident throwing it around.

If its the 111R then you wont state this again. ;)

Russ.

CiderBoy 12-15-2007 01:36 PM

May be Russ... but it will take me a while to build up to the point where I am with the S2000.

But I'll get there! ;)

Alex, you still "selling" yours?

RUSS H 12-15-2007 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by CiderBoy,Dec 15 2007, 10:36 PM
May be Russ... but it will take me a while to build up to the point where I am with the S2000.

But I'll get there! ;)

Alex, you still "selling" yours?

Trust me it wont take long at all, you will know why Bada raves on so much :thumbup: :D

Russ.

echo66 12-15-2007 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by CiderBoy,Dec 15 2007, 11:16 PM
I am close to doing a deal for a new car and will hopefully tie everything up on Monday.

I've just put a few bits for sale, which included a few pictures which made me think.

This car has given me some great times and I am really sad to think about it going.

If fact, I would go as far to say that I am actually bordering on a re-think and keeping the S.

Keep it. You know you want to deep down.

I'm a few years from looking for a replacement but i have wondered, & its been the subject of a few meet & track day pit discussions on what could tick the boxes.

I like the Exige & Elise but neither would suit me for my long trips esp for comfort & praticality. Its got to function as the everyday car too.

Porker, no chance for me. Tested a Poxter & was not impressed. Not interested in a 911 or any version thereof. Ten-a-penny around here.

Z4. Still don't like the looks & wasn't impressed on a test. Interior is fugly too.

The only thing i'm tempted by is a Noble (an older one with my budget) but again practicality is an issue.

The S ticks so many boxes & i'm glad still looking at another 2-3 years of ownership. After that, who knows? I will probably buy another S.

Ed

RUSS H 12-15-2007 02:01 PM

I fancy a Noble or even a Tamora sometime but it doesn't have to come out every day.

Russ.

lower 12-15-2007 02:20 PM

Nick, if you want to keep the S, sell yours and buy a newer one.

Failing that, i always feel a bit sad when i get rid of a car i've enjoyed.

As long as you get a car that you can take to trackdays and don't sell out to parenthood!

CiderBoy 12-15-2007 02:23 PM

Rich,

I would not sell for another S... just keep mine. No point wasting money.

As for the potential new car... I hope to be at a track day near you next year! ;)

Well done for today by the way. Sounds like it was a great day and fitting tribute. Really dissapointed I could not make it.

Nick

lower 12-15-2007 02:29 PM

:thumbup: hope your s i fixed soon.

That's 2/3 you've missed now.

What ever happend to our last spins of the day :D