UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sold the S2000 tonight...

Old 09-11-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, technically £1200 with hard top but I sold the hardtop for £200 (it had a dent) a day later..

A friend was emigrating, had left things to last minute to sort and needed to offload it ASAP and said "tbh if someone offered me a grand to take it away then fine"... So I did It had been sat on the drive under a tarp for 6,5yrs, started occasionally. Tyres had been sat so they are shot and the roof leaks so the inside is mouldy in places, stinks, and defo needs some TLC

I put some new fluids in, a new battery and some nice new Tesco 99 and she fired up fine and runs just nicely. so just gotta get new roof and tyres and then it can be MOT'd. Hopefully nothing too much of a problem with that.

Thinking if all being well spend some money on track bits first this time rather than supercharging straight off. Some decent suspension, tyres and BBK. Spent some time out in some properly prepared cars and it's so much better to defy gravity round the corners than just relying on pure power to burn down the straights.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ValveBounce
Stunning job!

What year is it?
2004 with 102K on clock - exact same mileage as the outgoing grey one!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:31 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
Yep, technically £1200 with hard top but I sold the hardtop for £200 (it had a dent) a day later..

A friend was emigrating, had left things to last minute to sort and needed to offload it ASAP and said "tbh if someone offered me a grand to take it away then fine"... So I did It had been sat on the drive under a tarp for 6,5yrs, started occasionally. Tyres had been sat so they are shot and the roof leaks so the inside is mouldy in places, stinks, and defo needs some TLC

I put some new fluids in, a new battery and some nice new Tesco 99 and she fired up fine and runs just nicely. so just gotta get new roof and tyres and then it can be MOT'd. Hopefully nothing too much of a problem with that.

Thinking if all being well spend some money on track bits first this time rather than supercharging straight off. Some decent suspension, tyres and BBK. Spent some time out in some properly prepared cars and it's so much better to defy gravity round the corners than just relying on pure power to burn down the straights.
Blimey - you're coming round to my way of thinking!

That's the sort of deal one can only dream of. Take it away for a bag...
Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

What an absolute bargain. Although you could have offered him £2k and been a better mate

Depending on your timescales, I'll probably have suspension, bbk and braces up for grabs early into 2018 and as you're quite local...
Old 09-12-2017, 12:00 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

What suspension.....?
Old 09-12-2017, 12:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

amazing project and one that you wont need to justify every penny spent. So as it's been sat for so long would the fuel of gone all gunky and ruined the lines and pump?
Old 09-12-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by sanch3z
amazing project and one that you wont need to justify every penny spent. So as it's been sat for so long would the fuel of gone all gunky and ruined the lines and pump?
Where he had been starting it periodically it was literally out of fuel so i put about 10L in and it seems fine. Ran it for 30mins up and down the drive. Seems one of the rear clusters isn't lighting up, just seen the price of those Oh and wipers don't work, they just kind of jump slightly when you turn them on, rather than actually swishing. Not stuck to screen so i guess motor has issues or mechanism is somehow rusted up. Hopefully not too many more jobs though from what I can see atop and beneath the car.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by CynicG
What an absolute bargain. Although you could have offered him £2k and been a better mate
I agree!

You owe him him allot of pints
Old 09-12-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
I agree!

You owe him him allot of pints
Whilst you may be right as it stands now... In fairness when i bought it he billed it as a wreck which didn't run correctly / limp mode, roof didnt work (and leaks to f***) and was mouldy inside. Now running fine and roof operation fixed, still leaks like a barst.