UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Headunit Install - where to fit RCA cables?

Old 05-20-2018, 11:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Headunit Install - where to fit RCA cables?

At some stage I'd like to install my amp and sub and run some RCA cables to the back of the headunit

I am preempting the frustration that I'll have when they won't fit behind the headunit as there was barely any room when I installed it with the Autoleads dash DCI

Has anyone got experience on how to get everything tucked away nicely?
Old 05-21-2018, 12:18 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

They do fit, I had an old school Alpine single DIN nav head unit with 2 sets of RCA's, I ran them down the centre console - away from the power lines and into the boot, got rid of the spare and mounted the amp and power block onto an mdf board that was then bolted where the wheels was.

Look at the post a little further down or on the FB page - someone has come up with a little cradle to fit in the spare wheel for their amp.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As above, my amp is sitting snug within my spare wheel. Its sat in there for 9+ years with no issue. after youve ran the cable down the centre console you find a grommet behind the drivers seat that you can feed the leads through.

I have a Darkside box thats fits perfect.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the help - is there enough space behind he headunit for all the cables to fit comfortably?

Is the Darkside box available in the UK?
Old 05-21-2018, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I have 2 sets of RCA cables, 1 one for a amp and the other for sub/amp combo. I also have a dci unit and a satellite radio antenna hookup installed back there. The key is take your time and don't force the radio into a position it takes some time but you will be surprised at how much will fit back there. Lastly there is a nice hole on the drivers side at the very back of the radio that you can reach your hand up through to position things properly.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:09 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

As above - 3 x RCA. A Alpine bluetooth init, one Autoleads dash control box and all the other standard stuff plus the iPhone adapter lead.

Take off both small side panels to help access and pull excess cable in from the back.

There is a sharp cut out above the radio - it's not a rolled edge, it's very very sharp and it points DOWN, if you put your hands in palm down and flex your knuckles up, they will hit this and you will bleed - lots.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Twizzy727
Yes I have 2 sets of RCA cables, 1 one for a amp and the other for sub/amp combo. I also have a dci unit and a satellite radio antenna hookup installed back there. The key is take your time and don't force the radio into a position it takes some time but you will be surprised at how much will fit back there. Lastly there is a nice hole on the drivers side at the very back of the radio that you can reach your hand up through to position things properly.
Originally Posted by unclefester
As above - 3 x RCA. A Alpine bluetooth init, one Autoleads dash control box and all the other standard stuff plus the iPhone adapter lead.

Take off both small side panels to help access and pull excess cable in from the back.

There is a sharp cut out above the radio - it's not a rolled edge, it's very very sharp and it points DOWN, if you put your hands in palm down and flex your knuckles up, they will hit this and you will bleed - lots.
Fantastic, I'll give this a shot this weekend, bloody hands and all!