UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Soon to own a s2000!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome

As someone has already said the insurance is very high on the S, when I bought mine at 27 it cost me 1500 to insure and I had 5 or 6 years NCB!! Get an insurance quote ASAP to make sure you don't get a shock later!

There were a coupel of changes to the suspension settings in 02 which will not matter if you are making changes and there was also the introduction of a glass rear screen which is much better than the original plastic one.

There isn't much power to be gained from anything this side of FI.

Good luck
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by mikey k,Oct 14 2007, 08:29 AM
From my experince of messing with my 4 S's

1) A harness needs a rollcage for secure upper mounts
2) There is not a lot of gains to be had NA tuning (hence my supercharger)
3) Nitrons, Ohlins or Bilstien are the up there on the coilovers
4) Braces seem to work for a most people, though many find the rear ARB gives to much oversteer.
5) Weight reduction is a good start (though an OEM exhaust is not 80kgs ) Spare tyre, tool kit, are easy.
cool, yer did seem abit to much

cool nitron sponsor us so i may have a chat with one of the engineers there.

thanks again, if i was to get a import does any one know the procedure?

is it easy to convert KPH-MPH ? and to hook up a rear fog?

regards
Old 10-14-2007, 12:14 PM

Hi Richard and welcome.

What motorsport are you a technician in??
Old 10-14-2007, 12:42 PM

Richard,

PM PJL... he has got upgraded his S to a superb track day toy.

Most of the benefit is to be had in suspension and weight saving... little to be had in engine performance (unless you want to risk a super charger!)

Before doing anything, get the stock car out on the track... it will suprise you.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 PM

thanks again for the replys, went to the honda dealer today, just to have a little look, just makes me wanna sell the cobra quicker!!

I work for thorney motorsport in milton keynes, some people on here may know us as i know a few only who and switched from a vx220 or are switching to a S2000

It does seem that alot of peoples views are that the car is very good on track as standard, which is good becuase when i have finished with mine it should be even better!!

now what colour? i think its got to be black or white

regards
Old 10-14-2007, 01:23 PM

White is very rare as it is import only and black is a bitch to clean but looks great when it is clean.

Anything other than ladyboy blue, lime green or undercoat...
Old 10-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by richard_abra,Oct 14 2007, 09:11 PM
thanks again for the replys, went to the honda dealer today, just to have a little look, just makes me wanna sell the cobra quicker!!

I work for thorney motorsport in milton keynes, some people on here may know us as i know a few only who and switched from a vx220 or are switching to a S2000

It does seem that alot of peoples views are that the car is very good on track as standard, which is good becuase when i have finished with mine it should be even better!!

now what colour? i think its got to be black or white

regards
I work for Red Bull Racing just down the road from you.

I saw a new black M3 the other day near Bletchley with Thorney Motorsport down the side of it. I can only imagine its one of your cars.

White is the way to go IMO. When you get one i'll pop over one lunchtime and have a gander at it and see what your plans are.

Oh yeah, check out the Meets section for the up and coming MK meet in Woburn Sands at The Swan pub.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by composite guru,Oct 14 2007, 01:42 PM
I work for Red Bull Racing just down the road from you.

I saw a new black M3 the other day near Bletchley with Thorney Motorsport down the side of it. I can only imagine its one of your cars.

White is the way to go IMO. When you get one i'll pop over one lunchtime and have a gander at it and see what your plans are.

Oh yeah, check out the Meets section for the up and coming MK meet in Woburn Sands at The Swan pub.
yer that was me!! i have now turned that m3 into a race car which insidently won at brans last weekend ! cool we tune afew peoples cars at red bull one of you IT guys have our stage two ASTRA VXR,

i was just about to say whens the next MK meet would be good to get to met some people and try and nick a ride in a s2000.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by wingnutLP,Oct 14 2007, 01:23 PM
White is very rare as it is import only and black is a bitch to clean but looks great when it is clean.

Anything other than ladyboy blue, lime green or undercoat...
yer my cobra is black and i know how bad they are to keep clean but they do look the tits when they are!

well i might have to get a import then!

Regards
Old 10-14-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by richard_abra,Oct 14 2007, 09:49 PM
yer my cobra is black and i know how bad they are to keep clean but they do look the tits when they are!

well i might have to get a import then!

Regards
White is available in the 2008 MY but i think you're looking for something older to mod up!!

Yeah, he's only a young lad in a silver VXR if my memory serves me right.

Nice one on the race win!!

I'll stick your name down for the meet then. Aquila Eagle, one of the admin boys on here comes to the meet, he has a pretty modded S you could have a butchers at, mines a new one so is totally standard apart from a CF Sparkplug cover i made for it.

Quick Reply: Soon to own a s2000!