Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2017 - Page 10 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2017

Old 09-27-2017, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM View Post
Had you been working on the recently?

Any pictures of outside.
I haven't done anything to the brakes lately. I have 1 photo of the outside but I can't post it without permission. Doesn't look good though. I saw a few pics on Saturday - both ends are done, LHS wheels are at the wrong angles (camber > 45 degrees suggesting the suspension arms are broken). Nearside has been into the tyre wall, nearside front wing nowhere to be seen. I'll have a better idea of what isn't damaged when I get to to the wreck when my foot's a bit better.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tim S View Post
I haven't done anything to the brakes lately. I have 1 photo of the outside but I can't post it without permission. Doesn't look good though. I saw a few pics on Saturday - both ends are done, LHS wheels are at the wrong angles (camber > 45 degrees suggesting the suspension arms are broken). Nearside has been into the tyre wall, nearside front wing nowhere to be seen. I'll have a better idea of what isn't damaged when I get to to the wreck when my foot's a bit better.
maybe worth buying back since the engines are worth so much.

Plenty of rest for the foot
Old 09-28-2017, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave View Post
Mike a myself went back to Harewood for our 2nd go at the hill on Sun 17th Sept it was a double header meet but we only booked in for the Sun and spent Sat watching standing on every corner watching the lines the top runners use and it was a glorious day and we both wished we had booked in on the Sat as well, so it was off to bed that night looking forward to the day ahead and seeing if we could improve on our previous time's,

Well shit bags that's put paid to that we awoke to horrendous rain and off we set to the track 20mins away from Mikes parents house with wipers at full chat, but hey whats this the closer we got the less the rain fell until a couple of miles away and it was as dry as a bone, so we unpack get the cars ready and wait for sign on etc but alas it didn't last and you could see the rain approaching from across the valley and it duly arrived just before first practice so it was quite a hairy and slow first run and with a little knowledge gain i improved by 4 secs on my 2nd run, then came the announcement that they intend to get the first timed run in before dinner just as the rain stopped, so it was about an hour before we headed down to the start and arrived at a fairly dry track but slightly damp in place's, this run i manged to do a PB but only by 4 tenths and still not under the 70 sec's ah well there's two runs after dinner to put that right and at this point i was leading Mike after he had a hairy moment coming off the esse's ,

Wrong while having a burger the heavens opened again but it only lasted about 40 mins and stopped just as lunch finished so the 2nd timed run was on a wet but drying track i was slower than T1 but Mike improved his time and beat me damn and blast or words to that effect, we had spent the day messing with set up and were both just saying how much we were enjoying the day and looking forward to the last run but oh no mother nature decided we were going sailing on T3 and it lashed it down so much that half the competitors packed up and went home even Ricardo who had trekked over to watch us had had enough and left like a drowned rat, Me and Mike looked at each and laughed out loud when they announced if anyone wanted a 3rd run to make they're way to the start haha we were straight in our cars and raring to go as we headed down the rain sort of stopped but left the track very wet but what a buzz, absolutely loved it not fast but the most fun i have ever had on a sprint run and then to watch Mike come drifting over the finish was a perfect end to a cracking day and we ended up 5th and 7th out of 21 in our class so came away vert happy,

Next up is our last two sprints of the year on the 7th and 8th at Curborough,

wet fun run
https://youtu.be/_7k225ORoTs

only dry run of the day but unsure were the grip was after the wet morning you can see the tyre tacks on the grass in various places where a lot of folk overcooked it in the morning

https://youtu.be/ssszJgeBC68
Cracking write up dude. Was most certainly a fun pedal, loved every minute. I really enjoyed learning how to pedal in the wet, its a very different experience. The inner kid came out though and I can't help but sliding it about. Big thanks to everyone who dropped by, I look forward to our next double header at Curby.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:59 AM

How does the class structure work in your series?

id like to enter my trackday car, but it has no interior and a full weld in rollcage. would this automatically put me against more serious cars? the car is fully MSA compliant, as i built it to enter some circuit racing but my budget wont allow it for 2018 so sprinting may be an option!
Old 10-08-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Azzzah View Post
How does the class structure work in your series?

id like to enter my trackday car, but it has no interior and a full weld in rollcage. would this automatically put me against more serious cars? the car is fully MSA compliant, as i built it to enter some circuit racing but my budget wont allow it for 2018 so sprinting may be an option!
you would have to fit some of your interior back i'e door cards and some rear trim but it can all be cut to fit around the door bars if you wish to run in road modified group that we do or you can leave as is and go into modified production but you can also then run slicks as well,, were you at Curborough today
Old 10-09-2017, 01:15 AM

Ah ok! So it is possible then! It's something I can look at over the winter, as I still have my interior!

Yea bud I was there most the day! It's local for me so I usually head over, I saw you guys leaving, towards the end!

Iv done quite a few trackdays there where its been hired out during the week, it's a decent little place!
Old 10-15-2017, 02:06 AM

Well that's the season done, last weekend saw Mike and myself take part in a double header at Curborough which consisted of the single lap on the Sat with the HSA and the Figure of 8 on the Sun for MAC.

On the sat with the word out some folk had being testing there a few weeks earlier plus the day before and were setting some pretty impressive times which were on and above record pace things didn't look too good for us going on our past times, but we usually do the last week end for shits and giggles so of we went to have a blast, well we got there to a wet circuit as seemed to be the norm this year and things were pretty grim on the track with very little grip so our first run was very tentative but some how we managed 2nd and 3rd in our class of 10, it then started to dry up and the next practice run was quicker and the track felt more like we were used to, the HSA at this sprint tend to run 3 practice runs and this had really dried out so the times started to tumble and a lot of sand bagging started to take place which all adds to the fun and games,

After lunch we were into our timed runs and i set off at what i thought was a cracking pace and felt like a really good lap only to be disappointed when i crossed the line almost 1.5 sec slower than i had gone in practice, WHAT how did that happen shit bags i'll have to get the last run right now plus i dropped from being 3rd fastest in practice to 8th, after checking my run on the timing computer it turned out i had a 4sec launch as opposed to my usual 2.5 so i must have crept on the line that's twice i have done that and lost half a doz place's because of it,

So we line up for the final run with Mike leading the group a very fast Clio in 2nd and Mike Hawley in another S2000 in 3rd plus the guy who had being testing in a very rapid MX5 lying 4th, i.m last to go in the group and can't see the times the others have done so off i set and it felt a good start this time i crossed the line with a PB but knew it was still down on the times some of the others had set on the first run but not knowing the times they had set on this run, back in the pits i checked my time and had jumped back upto fourth, with Mike taking the win Richard in his Clio 2nd and Mike Hawley in his S2000 3rd,

This led to Mike being in the run off against the other winners out of all the groups and it's very simple the person who improves the most on his best time of the day takes the trophy, So Mike lines up at the start and we all line up along the fence to see Mike take the win,,,,,,Er not quite he decided to do a pirouette right in front off us still he got a big cheer for save of the day keeping it out of the barrier, a great day had by all and a PB to boot, now back home for a sleep and do it all again tomorrow, it's give out nice weather

Old 10-16-2017, 01:03 AM

The sprinting/hillclimb season has finished again. It’s been a fun and interesting year with lots learnt, new climbs run, old places revisited and plenty of track action. For both myself and Ray we have managed to improve upon our best times as well as surprising ourselves with beaten target times on new climbs. We haven’t run in a championship this year, deciding early into the start of the season just to pick and choose certain pedals. Next year we will be attending the HSA championship, which has a range of events and a host of good members to get to know.

Big big big thanks to Ray for helping get the cars prepped and ready for racing. All the help is really appreciated and I look forward to another year racing with you. There’s never a dull moment and it’s always a great laugh.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by mtunreal View Post
Next year we will be attending the HSA championship, which has a range of events and a host of good members to get to know.
The HSA is a great bunch of people, really friendly and helpful. Lot's of great venues in their events as well!
Old 10-17-2017, 05:50 PM

BTW - If anyone wants a car to go sprinting or hillclimbing in next year my S2000 is for sale. Moving back to Oz shortly and its just not practical to ship over.

The car is PJL's old car - see the original for sale thread here with the spec at that time (changed since in my hands) - https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...ar-sale-547370. More details on uphill racers - Honda S2000 sprint/hillclimb car - Uphill Racers