UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2017

Old 05-24-2017, 10:52 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Not much happened since my first sprint of the year work etc seems to have got in the way plus the fact that this year i would like to try a few Hill climbs,

Ended up doing a drift day at Oulton and have booked myself in for my first Trackday Oulton on a novice day, bit nervous about this one

After this I have also booked in for the hill Climb at llys_y_fran which looks a beautiful place, Mike Ricardo Lee and Graeme will also be joining in hopefully so we may get as many as 5 S2000 there on the day , Has anyone on here already competed at the dam would be good to hear about your exploits,

Next up is to book in at loton then do the school day at Harewood and try to get a couple more sprints in during the latter part of the year.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Not much happened since my first sprint of the year work etc seems to have got in the way plus the fact that this year i would like to try a few Hill climbs,

Ended up doing a drift day at Oulton and have booked myself in for my first Trackday Oulton on a novice day, bit nervous about this one

After this I have also booked in for the hill Climb at llys_y_fran which looks a beautiful place, Mike Ricardo Lee and Graeme will also be joining in hopefully so we may get as many as 5 S2000 there on the day , Has anyone on here already competed at the dam would be good to hear about your exploits,

Next up is to book in at loton then do the school day at Harewood and try to get a couple more sprints in during the latter part of the year.
Oulton Park is a peach in the S, I was tempted to book onto the afternoon session there on Bank Holiday Monday, but I'm going out on the raz the night before, doing a trackday with a hangover probably not a good idea.

Which layout are you on at Oulton Ray?
Old 05-24-2017, 11:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Entry for the dam has been sent. Very much looking forward to this event. All the video's and pictures look amazing, and imagine they still don't do it justice. Would be great to hear from anyone else that has pedalled the climb.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:11 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Oulton Park is great in the S. Just watch out for the lump on the exit of Druids, particularly in the wet!

Edit: Speaking from experience with the barrier!

Last edited by chrispayze; 05-25-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by chrispayze
Oulton Park is great in the S. Just watch out for the lump on the exit of Druids, particularly in the wet!

Edit: Speaking from experience with the barrier!
And the final turn as well, it drops into the apex, cambers in a bit then rises up again and drops off and cambers out. Had a HUGE moment in the S fishtailing out of there. Gathered it up, needed new underwear after though
Old 05-25-2017, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by djchocice
Oulton Park is a peach in the S, I was tempted to book onto the afternoon session there on Bank Holiday Monday, but I'm going out on the raz the night before, doing a trackday with a hangover probably not a good idea.

Which layout are you on at Oulton Ray?
Full circuit, so that'l be about 4 mins a lap then
Old 05-25-2017, 05:09 AM

Full circuit, so that'l be about 4 mins a lap then
Awesome mate, the fast left hander before Shell Oils hairpin is mega. If you're lucky you'll get into the 3:50's

Also mate, you have PM, but not sure if it's come through.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by djchocice
Awesome mate, the fast left hander before Shell Oils hairpin is mega. If you're lucky you'll get into the 3:50's

Also mate, you have PM, but not sure if it's come through.
i'll check it's not like the old site where i got a notification when i logged in
Old 06-08-2017, 01:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm now a Member of Swansea Motor Club and entered in the 16th July Hillclimb!!!

Oh Feck!

This is gonna be a bit exciting!!
Old 06-08-2017, 03:02 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

i'll check it's not like the old site where i got a notification when i logged in
Ray,
  1. Go to the "User CP" link at the top of of your screen
  2. Click on "Edit Options" in the panel on the left hand side
  3. Scroll down to the "Messaging and Notifications" section
  4. Find this part of the options and put a tick in the box.
Job done.

Quick Reply: Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2017