UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2018

Old 04-29-2018, 10:53 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

I can imagine the MX-5 guys were exceedingly unhappy abut your presence

Well done to all
Old 05-23-2018, 10:29 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

My first trip to compete at Sammonden dam just up the M60 something or other next to suicide bridge with Matt Rowe and Mike Suds My last run of the day at Scam, 28.23 wheel lift in turn 3 and pussy lift for turn 4 which cost time ,,need bigger bollocks,,,,,,,,,,,

Was a great day very very hot intake temps got up to 80dec sat on the start line i trundled home in 3rd behind Matt and Mike who smashed it with a 27.12 and an unofficial record can't wait to go back to this one ,

up next is Barbon hill climb on the 7th june another new event to us both

Old 05-23-2018, 02:17 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

9th of June for Barbon I think?
Old 05-23-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Soggybottomboy
9th of June for Barbon I think?
Haha well spotted, we have one on the 7th July at Barbon as well
Old 05-30-2018, 03:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Apologies everyone completely forgot to update the thread.

Had an absolutely amazing first pedal at Scammonden with Ray the weekend previous. Possibly the steepest hill I've seen so far. In the dry it was very grippy but you could feel undulations and runs in the tarmac, making traction critical. I think nearly everyone run apart from one a rear wheel was picked up causing the limiter to nailed before catching up. Really chuffed with the times me and Ray set. On the pace for the class out of the gate and chasing down the current record. Was over the moon to find I took the class and record (although unofficially due to the timing equipment). Can't wait to get back out there.

Blog updated with a few more details. (https://9kclimbers.blogspot.com/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Yx...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by mtunreal; 05-30-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:20 PM

Well that was an interesting weekend, On Sat me and Mike set off at 5am to attend the Barbon Manor hill climb, a great little climb through a beautiful estate, in practice Mike set the pace with me lying in 3rd by the end of the timmed runs we had all improved our times but the order stayed the same so it was a 1st and 3rd separated by a very fast and lightened MK1 MX5, then pack up and head home for an early night as we were competting at Curborough the next day which meant another early set off,
This is where my weekend turned into a mixed bag as when we arrived at Curby there was a distinct rattle near the top of my engine, could be tct or tappets but till i got home to have a look there wasn't much i could do apart from park up and watch or carry on regardless, I opted for the latter but spent the day short shifting which put me iin a higher gear for the cut through which caught me out and although on the vid it don't look much it sure felt like it was game over, so no good times set by me and i trailed home last in the group, while Mike set a blistering time of 65.7 to take the win narrowly missing out on replicated his practice time of 65.5,

I've stripped and checked the tct but it was all OK so now i'll pull the cover and have a mooch in the cam area but it sounds more like a little end , then i have to decide to either write off the rest of the season or carry on as is and do a full rebuild over winter but the cost of new rods is horrendous so may well bin it off and get an RX8,

the dodgy run that looks far less entertaining than it actually was,
Old 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Ray, I feel your pain, I'd blame Ron for the damage
Old 06-17-2018, 05:48 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Apologies for the delay in updates. Busy week at work.

Last weekend was excellent. Barbon is a stunning place and much like Scammonden its only a few bends, but bloody hell they are some fun bends. Haven driven over 300 miles across the country, managed to pick up two 1st places and set a new PB at Curborough. Really chuffed with the results. Looking forward to being back out at Aintree in a few weeks time. Hoping to improve on the previous times with a bit of track knowledge and bedded in tyres.

Blogs updated too - https://9kclimbers.blogspot.com/
Old 06-18-2018, 01:30 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks like you guys are having some fun

im not doing much with the S2K this year but a week and a half ago the was a evening event at Rockingham called Summer Social, i was fed up with work and personal stuff so i decided to take a trip over to Rockingham and have a look what is going on.

The event started at 5.30pm and finished at 8pm, i didnt leave Wolverhampton till abut 5.30pm and it was a 80 mile one way trip, got there at 7.15pm parked up, a few people came over and got talking ( cool guys that was running a Micra that day ) and the guys mentioned the sprint track why not lets have a go £10 for 3 laps and a practice. So had a few runs and ended up taking the top spot and a free entry to a Rockingham trackday, which actually cheered me up a bit and got my focus back to do more and have a go at some new stuff an eventful trip out.

it was a good event what i managed to see so if anyone is local to there i would give it a go also there was a 2 hr track session that starts at 5.30 ( which you have to do a breifing ) so if you fancy that you need to turn up early

Old 06-18-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mike's
Looks like you guys are having some fun

im not doing much with the S2K this year but a week and a half ago the was a evening event at Rockingham called Summer Social, i was fed up with work and personal stuff so i decided to take a trip over to Rockingham and have a look what is going on.

The event started at 5.30pm and finished at 8pm, i didnt leave Wolverhampton till abut 5.30pm and it was a 80 mile one way trip, got there at 7.15pm parked up, a few people came over and got talking ( cool guys that was running a Micra that day ) and the guys mentioned the sprint track why not lets have a go £10 for 3 laps and a practice. So had a few runs and ended up taking the top spot and a free entry to a Rockingham trackday, which actually cheered me up a bit and got my focus back to do more and have a go at some new stuff an eventful trip out.

it was a good event what i managed to see so if anyone is local to there i would give it a go also there was a 2 hr track session that starts at 5.30 ( which you have to do a breifing ) so if you fancy that you need to turn up early

Well done Mike, enjoy your well earned track day,be sure to post a vid to Robins track day thread, https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...rackday+thread

Quick Reply: Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2018