UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sticker bomber cooling panel,young vs old,

Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeh,Feb 3 2011, 03:09 PM
Looking forward to see what you do.. I've seen a lot of creative things being done but not taken the initiative to go for it and since you have gone for it I think it deserves it's own credit

Somehow I can see that you're going to enjoy your car in your way and style and that's what matters. Bet this is also some type of withdrawal symptom for not being able to drive your car d:
thanks mate,

gotta do something to keep me busy untill i get it back working, and when i do i can fit all my new toys to it
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Just out of curiosity, does the underside of the bonnet require any cutting to fit one of these type of cooling plates? I'd like one that directs air into the box but wouldn't want to start cutting the bonnet up.

Chad.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chad!,Feb 3 2011, 03:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, does the underside of the bonnet require any cutting to fit one of these type of cooling plates? I'd like one that directs air into the box but wouldn't want to start cutting the bonnet up.

Chad.
i have been told it is a direct fitment with no modification required,

i will find out when i test fit tomorrow afternoon,
i will also post pictures of it fitted and report how it fits.

i really hope not to be cutting into my bonnet either.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 PM

It is a direct fit!
I think I have a very similar if not the same one!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Banned

I see your old thread got locked, funny that all the threads that include modifications that go against the "grain" plunge in to arguements, not due to opinions, but due to the nature people choose to quite rudely post those opinions.

It seems it's ok to say "it looks shit", it wouldn't hurt being a bit more friendly and constructive which would make life easier for everyone.

I personally don't like it, I think it looks to busy and somewhat makes the car look a little cheaper if that is in the engine bay. That said, it will bring attention and coupled with some other similar modifications it could tie in well.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:31 PM

Not my cup of tea, but again, I'm slowly finding myself on the old farts' side of the fence.

However, it is a well known and oft proven fact about this car that "chicks dig it" ™. on the basis that the yoof like things with shiny stickers and carbon fibre, this must logically mean that if you fit such an item to your car, not only will chicks dig it, but said chicks will also be young, nubile and aspiring to the life example set by numerous similar young ladies in the pages of Max Power and other analagous magazines....

Which, taking this discussion to its logical conclusion, must mean that by doing this mod, you are more, nay, extremely likely to end up in the sack with nubile young ladies of questionable virtue...

Hang on, I changed my mind - ACE JOB, FELLA! Loving your work!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

'Cooling Plate', a strange name for something that blocks the airflow into the top of the engine bay.

Car has been designed with an air-guide to direct air across the engine bay for cooling purposes. The underside of the bonnet has also been designed to aid this.

You block of the air flow and the top of your engine bay is going to get very hot.

Fasion over function
Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who cares?!?!, it's under the bonnet. I only look under there to check my oil.

If i went to buy a car however and looked under the bonnet and saw that, i would think the owner was a bit weird and most likely walk away..who know what other weird things might have been done?!?.

Depends who your target audience is I guess.

aspiring to the life example set by numerous similar young ladies in the pages of Max Power
Sorry dude, no more MaxPower...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on a more serious note, where did you get all those stickers? I consider myself young enough to 'be in touch' but stopped buying sticker albums many moons ago....

Quick Reply: Sticker bomber cooling panel,young vs old,