UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Still considering S3, S2000 or a Elise?

Old 09-28-2001, 02:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Aye,

On the subject of sideways did you see Jason Plato in the new M3 on DRIVEN last night, boy, he is good!!
Old 09-28-2001, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lift off oversteer, so yes, more of a twitch than a slide.

Wish I had the balls to do it too but even if I did I don't think a demonstrator is the best car to umm... hone my driving skills in, lol.

I have the afternoon off, the sun's out..... Happy days.
Old 09-28-2001, 03:16 AM

Originally posted by UK Paul
Aye,

On the subject of sideways did you see Jason Plato in the new M3 on DRIVEN last night, boy, he is good!!
Blinding!

Seeing drivers like that make me realise just how crap I am...
Old 09-28-2001, 03:49 AM

Seeing that M3 makes me all the keener to get mine, which should be due in Novemeber

As for needing a test drive in an S2000 I have driven one at Jonathan Palmer's Bedford track and loved it. Unfortunately the only way I can buy one is to get it for my future wife for her wedding day and therefore disguise the reason for getting it

To do this I have to get her in the car for a proper drive as it is a little over the top to buy her a car she does not want.

As for the original thread I would get the S2000 if you need any form of practicality but the Elise for pure driving fun if nothing else matters. I should know as I have an Elise but am getting rid of it cos it is about as practicle as my Fireblade and not as much fun.
Old 10-01-2001, 03:07 AM

Handed the car back this morning having covered 450 miles (none of them motorway) since Friday lunchtime.....I don't think the grin left my face for one of those miles
I even got up early and took an hors detour on the way to work this morning just to get a bit of extra time in it.

I'm smitten by this car, it makes almost every other car I've driven seem mundane by comparison. It's practical enough for me (admittedly I don't need a huge amount of practicality) without compromising an involving drive.
It rewards you in so many ways - theres even mental stimulation looking for the fuel flap release in the filling station!
And then on top of the handling and the looks there is the engine, my hand going to the gear lever then realising that I was only just getting into vtec and had 3000rpm more to go! The instant throttle response. Zipping past slower cars on straights that in my current car would not give enough room to spool up the turbo, never mind pass safely with room to spare. The surprising amount of grip in the wet and the way the car goes through standing water without deviating.
I could go on for hours but you all know how good the car is don't you?
Chalk up one more sale for Honda.
All I have to do now is decide which colour......
Old 10-01-2001, 04:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MarkB
[B]Handed the car back this morning having covered 450 miles (none of them motorway) since Friday lunchtime.....I don't think the grin left my face for one of those miles
Old 10-01-2001, 05:23 AM

They are the two colours I can't decide over. The test driver was silver/red, it reminded me of my old X1/9 VS from about 10 years ago, that was 2 tone but the upper half was almost exactly the same silver and the interior was red leather, brought back some happy memories
Haven't seen the blue, but I do like it in the pictures I've seen, seems a nice 'deep' colour.
Descisions, descisions.......
Old 10-01-2001, 05:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tifosi Red
[B]

Superb!
Old 10-01-2001, 05:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You cant go wrong with Silver, but I was pleasantly surprised...........no, absolutely stunned............by how good the car looks in Spa Yellow.

Ian
(Silver/Red)
Old 10-01-2001, 05:49 AM

Is the Spa Yellow pearl colour coming to the UK or is it a new shade? From the pic's I have seen it looks pretty good, did you see many out in Florida Ian?

Quick Reply: Still considering S3, S2000 or a Elise?