UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Supercharger Flutter

Old 01-19-2017, 07:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i have all my EGR stuff still plumbed in, but not had a issue with it in aem ems at mapping.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I am on a wire throttle with EGR all plumped and working as from factory.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like I said it may well not be related to your problem, but perhaps something you'll be able to disregard if not. Looks as though fuse 32 in the under bonnet fuse box will disconnect it (its the 60A one) according to the manual, I don't know what else will be affected if anything by removing the fuse though as I didn't try that and just removed the whole lot.

Hope you all get it sorted soon, I know how frustrating it is having something that is stopping you from enjoying the car to its full potential - I ended up sending my AEM EMS off to the states as we thought it was faulty but it ended up being the EGR pump feeding some sort of interference back through into the EMS so ended up losing weeks going down the wrong route.

Cheers,

Jez.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

of all the problems i have had with my car, i was not even aware the flutter was one of them! and wouldn't of ever of known if it wasnt for this forum lol

I still most likely have the over heating issue, but since the winter the temps have held steady - Fingers crossed that my new bumper and removal of aircon will sort me out for the summer!
Old 01-19-2017, 08:17 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Graham, I can't get your drop box to come up either on my work pc or my 4G device for some reason, although I have heard yours in person!

Just spoke to HKS and TDI North and the EGR deletes could 100% be a factor on this noise some are hearing, TDI have tuned at least 3 of the cars we have supplied too and Paul would have picked up on any serious mechanic issues during the tunes. Also I have spoken to an qualified engineer we have here from Hendy Power with 40+ years experience and hes confirmed the same.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:27 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I'll find a better way to post Si but as I have an EGR delete on the list of jobs, I'll bring that forward before fitting the hoses and see if it makes a difference at all.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:14 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFez

Like I said it may well not be related to your problem, but perhaps something you'll be able to disregard if not. Looks as though fuse 32 in the under bonnet fuse box will disconnect it (its the 60A one) according to the manual, I don't know what else will be affected if anything by removing the fuse though as I didn't try that and just removed the whole lot.

Hope you all get it sorted soon, I know how frustrating it is having something that is stopping you from enjoying the car to its full potential - I ended up sending my AEM EMS off to the states as we thought it was faulty but it ended up being the EGR pump feeding some sort of interference back through into the EMS so ended up losing weeks going down the wrong route.

Cheers,

Jez.

The VCC1 +5v ground runs though the air pump, so TPS and MAP sensors are effected by the air pump. If you have a faultly EGR fan or high resistance it effects multiple sensors.

I had the same problem and it took hours and hours to solve and allot of wasted dyno time like you. I also sent my ECU back and bought a new one.

EGR delete sorted it.

I don't think this thread is related though
Old 01-19-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

If it is the ERG i'm sure I've read before that it can be turned off through the AEM EMS. Would we have to book our cars in somewhere to have this done or is it something i could do myself?
Old 01-19-2017, 09:35 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I had some time this evening so decided to take the dump valve apart. Everything still seems in good condition and doesn't look like anything was "catching" or "stuck"

Something i did notice when taking it apart, which i don't remember when i assembled the unit, was the washer that was is between the diaphragm and the spring as below. I also cant see anywhere in the installation manual saying if it should be there or not. Si could you have HKS confirm?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
The VCC1 +5v ground runs though the air pump, so TPS and MAP sensors are effected by the air pump. If you have a faultly EGR fan or high resistance it effects multiple sensors.

I had the same problem and it took hours and hours to solve and allot of wasted dyno time like you. I also sent my ECU back and bought a new one.

EGR delete sorted it.

I don't think this thread is related though

Thought it was worth mentioning though Jim I had flutter before I deleted the EGR pump and it went away after, it may have been something I connected up wrongly to produce that and with the simpler connections after corrected it. Knowing that the pump or the associated wiring had a fault there is a possibility it may have been connected.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Flutter