UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

TG's Top 100 cars ever driven - S2000 is 27th!

Old 12-09-2001, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having seen some of the piccies of the new Cooper S I'm dying to see one in person, the even better news is we should get the Alpina MINI with 200bhp sounds like a perfect people carrier to me
Old 12-09-2001, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
Having seen some of the piccies of the new Cooper S I'm dying to see one in person, the even better news is we should get the Alpina MINI with 200bhp sounds like a perfect people carrier to me
Blimey, Alpina Mini .....Do you have any links please.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
[B]
I am seriously looking at getting one of the new Mini Cooper S' for Mandy (thats what I'm telling her
Old 12-09-2001, 01:41 PM

always nice to see good reviews of the s2k
Old 12-09-2001, 10:29 PM

Originally posted by bmarshall

Does that mean the end of the Micra

You could plan a good end for it, I'm sure Clarkson would help out

-Brian.

I would easily put the Micra in my top 100 cars
Old 12-10-2001, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
My automotive life long love affair has to be with mini's.
I have had two in my lifetime. They were unreliable, noisy and took a lot of time to maintain and keep on the road but there is something about them that I love.
A bit irrational really, but I expect, not uncommon.

Similar feeling to the Alpha 33 that I used to have. It always spent at least one day a month at home because it wouldn't start, had 3 new starter motors in a year and you couldn't turn it off when you wanted to leave it for 5 minutes, as it would always take at least 20 minutes to cool down enough before it would start again..... but I loved it, and it was great driving car.

p.s. I also had 2 minis before that, which I also loved
Old 12-10-2001, 10:16 PM

hey TJ - maybe we should start a subchapter of UK owners - the ex Alfa 33 squad I had a 1.5ie that sounded simply awesome but had electrics designed and fitted by Beelzebubs nephew and missed out on a dip in the galvanisation tank.... when the seat rails rusted through the floorpan I got a little worried (Aw bless em, lovely skilled consientious people every one in the Fiat group ) It was a mk2 and I can say without fear of contradiction that a super-tanker could have turned inside me the steering lock was so bad (5 point turns to get into supermarket spaces !)
Old 12-10-2001, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
hey TJ - maybe we should start a subchapter of UK owners - the ex Alfa 33 squad I had a 1.5ie that sounded simply awesome but had electrics designed and fitted by Beelzebubs nephew and missed out on a dip in the galvanisation tank.... when the seat rails rusted through the floorpan I got a little worried (Aw bless em, lovely skilled consientious people every one in the Fiat group ) It was a mk2 and I can say without fear of contradiction that a super-tanker could have turned inside me the steering lock was so bad (5 point turns to get into supermarket spaces !)
Tif,

I had the 1.7 Veloce Cloverleaf (MK I - I think?). Great build quality, and definitely one of a kind!!! Took it in for new break pads.... turns out it had the 4 wheel drive version brakes fitted!! Took it in for a new exhaust..... turns out it had the 1.5i front section fitted!! I had done "simple" work like that myself on my cars until I had that one. The idea of taking the brakes apart to fit the new pads, only to find that they were the wrong ones never really sat well with me!!!

Having said that, the sound of the engine and the razor sharp throttle response was sooooooo nice
Old 12-10-2001, 10:28 PM

I'm starting to develop this sort of love affair with my Stook now. Probably because it is my first soft top car.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get any splinters off those wooden steering wheels? I always thought that they were a bit dangerous if you had a crash.

The 33 impacts more than the owners - there is always somebody in your office with a 33 who walks in from the car park once per week asking to jump from your car or "give me a push" - I have been there in the rain quite a few times. They always claim they went to the garage but nobody understood the Italian wiring.

Quick Reply: TG's Top 100 cars ever driven - S2000 is 27th!