UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Thanks to the TGM Sports Team

Old 03-19-2013, 04:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks to the TGM Sports Team

Thought I'd share my experience of going to TGM Sports for my service and MOT.

First off, passed the MOT without any advisories or anything so very pleased with that

It was quite apparent that I was in DC5 territory and felt a little out of place with my S2000 (judging
by the sheer number of DC5s in the courtyard) however I already knew that Tom and his team had plenty
of experience in working with S2000s so I was happy to hand over my pride and joy and let him get on with
it. If you don't know already, TGM build competition cars and this is another reason why I was happy to go to him
for a full major service with valve clearances.

They had wireless internet and so I was able to remotely work my day job from the TGM waiting room.

Over the course of the day, I checked on the progress of the car and met the team members who were
all extremely friendly and actually a good laugh.

I was very impressed with the overall service as Tom spoke to me about what service items were used and Tom
even gave a very thorough inspection around the car before giving it a clean bill of health.

As most of you already know, I use Dixon and his team for most work on my car and they have never done a bad job, always top service and
are excellent. I always recommend anyone needing stuff done with their S2000 to Dixon. Him and his team are the
reason why my car is as it is today.

I decided to go somewhere different for my service and MOT this year because I like meeting new people and
it's always good to get a second opinion on plans you want to do with your car. TGM Sports have an
excellent reputation and my experience on the day clearly showed that Tom and his team lives up to it.

If you are local to Hampshire, definitely consider TGM Sports for a service and MOT, can't praise them highly enough.

Kim
Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Whilst I live some way away from TGM I'd always consider travelling if it was worth it.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:21 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I went up a few weeks ago to pick up some Mugen bushes after a delivery mix up - I know what you mean about the DC5s. Tom made me feel welcome and passed on some knowledge even though he's really, really busy. Sitting in the waiting room you realise how the phone pretty much rings off the hook all day, so book well in advance.

I will be going back for a geometry and MOT when I've stopped chopping wishbones out of my car as he's only about an hour away (and if I take a detour home I've got the A32 / A272 to play with )
Old 03-19-2013, 05:27 AM

Tom is about an hour from where I live but he is the only person I trust with my car. He is the nuts!! He has helped me with so much on my car and is very very well priced. I don't think anyone could beat a price that Tom gives me when I need stuff done. He also worked on my vw golf and has a huge variety of makes at his yard so not just good with Hondas.

Big to Tom and the boys at Tgm racing
Old 03-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Yeah I can't recommend him enough either, he did a lot of work on my old EK4 Civic and both my brother's EK4 and DC2, as we lived in Fleet. Consistent top notch service!

Kim-s2k, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for both? PM me if you like,

Thanks
Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All in I paid under £360 altogether.

You should expect to pay between £300 - £400 for a major service with valve clearances, all oils, fluids and filters.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TGM

I have used them several times, as has my son with his CTR, and as always you come away with the satisfaction that you've got an A1 service without bullshit and at a price that makes you wonder what the extra at a Honda main dealer is for.

I always think a TGM stamp in my service book shows a future prospective buyer that I cared about the car.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:17 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Another great experience at TGM Oil Service and standard geo set-up, the care that went into the adjustment was excellent and I now have a much better handling S.

I also met Tonksy as he was there having his shocks and springs sorted - great to meet you and I hope those speedbumps were OK
Old 08-09-2013, 01:57 AM

Morning Ben

It was good to meet you yesterday and glad we had some good weather to enjoy while waiting. I am happy to report that the speedbumps are not an issue I approached the first few very cautiously but all was well! I expect it may drop a little more as it settles over the next few days but so far so good.

I "pushed on" a little on the way home and already I can feel it is a better drive. Younger shocks and and the Eibach springs have definitely improved things for me.

Glad your car found its way back to you after we couldn't figure out where it was taken for the oil change and geo set-up ha ha.

TGM
Old 08-09-2013, 11:46 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Tom is great, my S2000 went there when in need of work that the group couldn't do

We (Hendy Honda/Hendy Performance) supply a fair amount of his parts so you can be sure he only uses OEM where possible/requested!

Next Honda I get will be going there - the S2000 replacement hasn't really filled its shoes!

Quick Reply: Thanks to the TGM Sports Team