UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Time to Store or Sell?

Old 03-08-2018, 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lovegroova
All, please note that only paying members can buy and sell on this forum, thanks.
How can you check when your membership runs out. Iv signed up and literally got the tshirt. h
​​​​​​​john
Old 03-08-2018, 01:47 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Brailer
How can you check when your membership runs out. Iv signed up and literally got the tshirt. h
john
No idea, I'm afraid, maybe ask in "Site Info" or check your Paypal/bank account.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@Lovegroova when/if the time comes ill make sure any rules are followed if i offer it for sale here.

I think for now im going to enjoy what could be my last spanish summer with the car and then make a decision from there.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats with the flat beam info, I am about to take my s2000 to Italy for a few years, I seem to remember when i bought it in 2002, that didn't need to do anything about headlight deflectors while in Europe but cant remember the details.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GJ02SPJ
whats with the flat beam info, I am about to take my s2000 to Italy for a few years, I seem to remember when i bought it in 2002, that didn't need to do anything about headlight deflectors while in Europe but cant remember the details.
Not sure if it applies to both variants of S2K, but mines a 2005 so an AP2 in all but engine, think they're called HID lights and self leveling. Basically the lights don't point slightly toward the left, so there are no need for beam deflectors or any adjustment to the lights, there was a official release from Honda to confirm this but i cant find it now.

I've never been flashed by oncoming cars the entire time i've lived here, and its passed the very strict MOT/ITV every time without fail, and with "guiri coches" they will fail them for any little thing, but the lights are perfect. One thing though, because we only have one fog and one reverse light, guess what, they need to be on opposite sides, its the case for Spain, not sure about Italy, however nothing has ever been mentioned to me, gods honest truth they've never even put the fogs on during the test, mine are still standard!
Old 03-18-2018, 04:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Same Question, Different Circumstances

I have a my06 with 48k careful miles that I have owned from new which I love.It has never been driven in the winter so it has never had any salt on it, because of this when I had the geo bolts greased 3 years ago they were all free. I have had several mods which imo have improved how the car drives, e.g. Mugen manifold, Hondata remap, etc. I had the car in VTEC once last year to try out the remap.
My problem is that neither Madam Santenay and I want to sell the car but this year we will be lucky if we do 1000 miles in it, last year we did under 3k and those were mainly in the South of France. The question is do I keep it covered up in the garage or very reluctantly sell it?
Old 03-18-2018, 05:57 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

If you sell a good one, you will not find another one as good to replace it with that you know and trust the history of. So unless you need to sell ... i would keep it.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by unclefester
If you sell a good one, you will not find another one as good to replace it with that you know and trust the history of. So unless you need to sell ... i would keep it.
Thanks Unclefester, I know you are right. I don't need to sell it for the money but I don't want to see Madam Santenay having to sell it as it would be difficult for her.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:07 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Keep it.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:26 AM

Received 623 Likes on 545 Posts

They aren't hard to sell, especially a cared for example like yours sounds.

Keep it until that mileage is 0..

Quick Reply: Time to Store or Sell?