UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Toms S2K

Old 06-01-2014, 05:29 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Update

On the 17th of May saw me drive down to Ray's garage at the arse crack of dawn, to tackle this shonky geometry and seized bushes.

Anyway, wheels off and cracking on, As I had bought ALL the bolts for the job, ray set about using his gentle persuasion tool to get the bolts out, 2 did come free and out the offside front lower front bolt and nearside rear toe arm, other however were well and truly seized.

Out comes the sabre saw, started on the front arms first

Then onto the rears and the trust angle grinder sparks and sh*t!

Then all the arms were removed and bushes were oxy acetylene'd out

Me and a few of the guys were set the task of sanding down all mating faces for the polybushes, to ensure there was no rust or foreign bodies to cause stiction, to ensure there was no stiction, they were also heavily greased with marine proof silicone grease.

And here are the mugen bushes and polybushes fitted.

The geometry.

Here are the specs to what they're running before all the bushes were fitted, roughly last year they were checked, she was a right state

And after they were adjusted.

To the North West lot, I appreciate this is late, I've been rather run down recently and was away on holiday aswell, but a massive thank you to all those involved, such a transformation of the car, can push her a lot more now even with the rubber thats on her.

Where now? I have no idea what to do next
Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 AM

Not a massive update.

Was up Rays saturday just gone and got the 2nd geometry session done, not massive amounts of adjustment needed other than Toe, as they'd Toe'd in quite heavily since fitting, job done and feels grand now.

Also managed to acquire a lower splitter from there too ( many thanks to Ryan9 ) and sprayed it the same colour as the car.

What a difference.

Chuffed really.

Not bad for a rattle can job eh?
Old 07-03-2014, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job on the lip, hows the fit now?
Old 07-03-2014, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Scottland
Good job on the lip, hows the fit now?
I'll be honest, it took about an hour of red hot hair dryer and strecting around the corners of the bumper but it's on!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:52 PM

Ahh my lip lives on!! I bought that 3 years ago, it sat I'm my garage ever since.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:02 PM

Looking good Tom!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:39 AM

Little update

Scored meself a JDM rear bumper! cracking nic compared to my old UKDM one which I managed to scuff a few days before getting this JDM one

Used one of the UK numberplate lamps and it lights up the plate perfectly

Today saw me swap over the CV cups as I had a vibration between 30-70mph under load... mate kindly lend me his ramps to do it, makes life so much easier!!!

DEM SHINY CANZ

Off comes one joint, then shortly followed by the other, the drivers side grease wasn't too bad, the other however was a much darker colour...

And the offending culprit... probably as big as your thumb nail and about 2mm or so deep!

Packed out with some of your finest CV lithium EP grease and she's a good un again, soooooo much better now
Old 09-06-2014, 07:17 AM

Been a while since an update

Some more brake associated bits...

In the form of:-

2 x AMK reconditioned rear calipers
2 x DELPHI rear Discs
ADL Blueprint rear pads

They were fettled around with a few months back due to the calipers sticking, so just bit the bullet and done the lot

Everyone loves an after shot

Recently received a package from China! in the form of this little gadget. I'm sure you've all heard of Scangauge, well this is a copy of them but about the 3rd of the price, works brilliantly

Old 09-06-2014, 01:05 PM

Love new brakes fitted. Although pads might be a little on the cheap side for spirited driving?
Old 09-06-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks impressive Tom. Care to share some details on the turbogauge? Looks exactly what I've been looking for

Quick Reply: Toms S2K