UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Toms S2K

Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPO
I do not really want to be negative, but from my experience you need to take the 2 plastic protectors off at the lower end of the front of the real wheel arch and check under there for rust , And then down underneath at this point , especially along the seam between the floor pan and cill.

God that crash beam is rusty , looks worse than mine was

Also check the fuel tank, especially along the seam and the tags that hold it in around the bolts. Lovegrova recently hd to have new tank as a result of rust

Also be very careful checking brake pipes, i thought mine were ok, and in sept even had a real close look with the MOT inspector and still thought they
were fine, until i stripped the back end of the car and found excessive corrosion on
the pipes which i have had to replace.
Nope, feedback is always appreciated bud

The arch protector was removed, wire wheeled and linished and loads of underseal was put on The seam along the lower sill and floorpan is pretty solid at the moment, a coupe of signs of surface rust, but again, when the fairer weather is here, I'll crack on with that. I've undersealed a few of my cars in the past, so have a bit of experience on it

Fuel Tank is solid, had a chance to get under her on the ramps a few times, and the brake pipes are showing minor signs of corrosion, looks a swine to get to All will be sorted in good time.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:24 PM

Not a massive update!

Managed to source a set of wheels, freshly refurbished in Satin black off ste-longy on here after looking at a set in Oldham that were well past there sell by date ( cracked and buckled ) to say I am chuffed is an understatement

They look superb, going to sort some rubber out for them tomorrow with any luck and will be on tomorrow with any luck

Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good work and those wheels look immaculate! I like the fact there is a lot of contrast with the Honda badges on the centre caps too. You don't see that too often and it finishes them off nicely
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Floppy
Good work and those wheels look immaculate! I like the fact there is a lot of contrast with the Honda badges on the centre caps too. You don't see that too often and it finishes them off nicely
Thanks mate All credit to Ste-longy though, he done all the hard work!

Part and parcel of why I went for these over the other ones on ebay, they were knackered!

Another small update today.

Fitted my nice new Clutch master cylinder I got through work nice and cheap!

Clutch pedal feels a lot better now, although I'd like to know how to reduce the slack in the pedal, a good inch or so of movement before it engages the master cylinder!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

There is an adjustment bolt in the pedal assembly that will help with this - it's in the FAQ as far as i remember, if not do a search for it.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/803...clutch-travel/
Old 04-01-2013, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester
There is an adjustment bolt in the pedal assembly that will help with this - it's in the FAQ as far as i remember, if not do a search for it.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/803...clutch-travel/
Thanks bud, the actual pedal moves about an inch before the connecting rod moves inside the master cylinder/meets resistance if that makes sense?

So I take it by winding the nut in on the rod of the master cylinder that'll help?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

if you look under the dash - you'll see if there is too much play there. If it's not that then rebleed the clutch i suspect.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:31 PM

New Boots are on the S

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement, visually transformed the car, and the way it drives.

Dives into corners now, handles better and is a lot more predictable. Nowhere near as crashy as I thought it was going to be either!

Not sure where to go with her next
Old 04-07-2013, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look superb mate, everything looks fantastic. I was interested to see how the car sat after you said it was on 30mm lowering springs. Looks great!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Easy boooost :-)

Quick Reply: Toms S2K