UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Toms S2K

Old 06-22-2018, 11:40 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

20mm is what's fitted on my car. No drama at all.
Old 08-21-2022, 12:52 AM

Well now, been a long old time since I updated this! Where to start? Few pics coming up and long posts!

Firstly the car is no longer supercharged, supercharger failed on me twice and on the second time it required a new unit (covered under warranty) so saw it as the best opportunity to sell the kit on! It was a great kit when running.

So went back to being N/A. Then 2 weeks later, disaster strikes... Grounding strap off the spark plug broke off whilst the engine was running, best part about it, it broke off in cylinder no 1 and ended up in no 4! RIP 05 engine.

I ended up attempting to rebuild the engine, but costs were spiraling out of control so ended up picking up a low mile 01 engine off eBay whilst they were doing a 20% off everything.

Whilst the engine was out I gave the bay her a lick of paint.

I bought an engine stand and dressed it up a bit, painted the block head sump pulleys etc in high heat silver paint bolts were nickel plated, transferred 05 cam cover over, confirmed at the engine has the updated oil banjo bolts/squirters. Also fitted a sump baffle whilst there.

Engine went in, with difficulty never again will I take the engine out of the top, much easier out of the bottom! put a few miles on the engine and the crankshaft pulley oil seal failed, lashed loads of oil over the subframe and engine bay so popped a new one in

Part 1 fin.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:33 AM

Fast forward a few months and Mr Mtunreal was selling up his lovely KW Clubsport coilovers. Trip up to Daytona Autos and swapped out the OE shocks and Eibach springs and geo.

Absolutely phenomenal difference, the bound/rebound control difference over the OE/Eibach combo was the most noticeable and a lot less body roll. Very compliant and deals with the bumps really well.

Perfect ride height too.

The interior got some dressing up too in the form of some Red carpet and nearly new floor mats!

New year 2020 kicked in! started off with another track day at Anglesey.

The car performed flawlessly. Some 120 miles and a tank and a half of petrol. here's a link to the video

Part 2 fin.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:48 AM

We all know what happened circa March 2020, the biggest shambles/scam. However gave me some opportunity to give the old girl some more TLC.

I fabbed up a 4" intake with filter setup and shielding. Dropped the IAT's considerably according to the AEM Data.

In the mean time I also acquired a 3d printer and started fabbing more stuff up, namely intakes and scoops.

Also some old school Honda logos.

At this time I was engrossed in 3d printing and was having such a laugh with it, longest print ever taking nearly 1.5 days was this mask, saw it fit to go for a drive up the horseshoe pass, also took it into the shops whilst masks were compulsary, suffice to say I got some looks/compliments/scared a few people

Part 3 fin
Old 08-21-2022, 02:27 AM

Fast forward a year to about July 2021, lots of other projects went on in the time being including getting an old VW T4 transporter back on the road after 11 years!

I also picked up one or two more hobbies along the way... Bought myself a chinese buzzbox 3 in one welder! Cracking bit of kit for £250 at the time, £100 on a gas bottle, regulator and wire/rods we were buzzing stuff together...

I fabbed up a 20 degree merge collector (sadly no pics of this process as they've vanished off my camera) Then me and a mate whose a proper welder started the serious stuff, went through various phases of alterations trying not to interfere with OE components like heatshields and filters.

The manifold nearly complete with a couple of welds left to do and polishing

Retained heatshield

Then the more expensive stuff coming through the post. ID1050X's

Turbosmart raceport BOV. Cuppa tea for size reference

I am not one for hiding my mistakes... Sadly during the welding process we warped the manifold flange... had to have 2mm of material taken off of her to flatten her

Anyway that sorted it was time to sort out the other bits! Turbo drain to front of timing chain case.

Here is the manifold all done dusted and wrapped up.

Part 4 fin
Old 08-21-2022, 03:01 AM

With the manifold wrapped up (pardon the pun) it was onto the down pipe then. Pie cuts were sourced, tacked and jiggled about for clearance.

With a sort of an exhaust(ish) it was time to fire her up! monitor for any leaks which there weren't any the temptation to have a bonnet exit was massive!

Back to the injectors whilst waiting for more parts Hardwired the plugs on as the oe plugs were crumbling and don't like those pig tail harnesses

Sourced a tube and fin intercooler, 2.5" inlets and outlets. Some brackets were Tigged on the sides too to mount to the chassis legs

Intercooler in situ, pardon the flaky front end, that's being sorted this year

Intercooler pipes mocked up then tigged together along with the flange for the Turbosmart

Pipes all plumbed in

Finished off the upper part of the down pipe.

Downpipe wrapped up god I hate this evil stuff. Even when wet if you get it on you it's like a nettle sting.

Made a flange out of 5mm thick steel with a reducer to mate up to the Milltek and step down to 2.75" from 3"

The finished article (more or less)

Then she was driveable! I sought to put 100 miles or so on her before actual tuning day ( I fettled about with my old supercharger map and got her to drive quite nicely on part throttle and idle but was a little on the rich side mid low 13's so she was safe )

I put nearly 200 miles on her driving around by mine between April and May this year prior to tuning in June to see if any problems manifested themselves... Which leads my nicely onto the next chapter

Part 5 fin...
The following users liked this post:
flanders (08-25-2022)
Old 08-21-2022, 07:28 AM

Received 243 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice read.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:13 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Lovely work, good to see you posting here, too
Old 08-22-2022, 06:21 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts