UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Advice needed please...

Old 07-03-2010, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed please...

Hi all, first post on the forum though i've been an observer for a while now and have found some of the threads really helpful, you chaps really know your stuff!

I've got a little problem though. A few weeks ago my neighbour repainted the front of his house and in doing so managed to get lots of little specs of white paint on my S. He came round and told me at the time but it didn't look that bad because it was dirty and i thought it would probably wash off so we left it at that.

Anyway i finally got round to washing it today having been away for a bit and there's more on there than i originally thought. I spent about 30 minutes with some t-cut on a small area on the boot lid and just about got clear. The problem is the whole rear end would need doing to get it back to normal and there's also some towards the front - my car was parked on my drive which is parallel to his house, the back end of my car was pointing towards the front of his house so has the most on. There are also some on the soft top too which meguiars roof cleaner hasn't shifted.

So the question i have is will a professional valeter be able to get it all off, including the roof? Obviously i'd be expecting him to pay!

He's not in at the moment but i've put a note through his letterbox to come and see me when he's back.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2010, 09:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Clay bar should sort out the paint on the panels! Not sure about the soft top though! You might want to try renovo cleaner!

Tbh I'd not waste my time and instead get your neighbour to pay for a full detail! 200 should cover the cost!

If the detailer can't shift the paint on the hood then you'll be within reason to charge him for a new one!

Tbh I can't believe he was so stupid

www.detailingworld.com will be able to offer further recommendations! The members of the site really know their stuff
Old 07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
tej

I reckon some Renovo might sort the roof out, I've just bought some and about to apply it to my roof to "re-colour" it.. I'm pretty sure a professional detailer would be able to help out with the paint specs too.. maybe contact Tango on the forum?

Good luck! I know how annoying it is, and good on your neighbour for owning up.. I found white specs over my black 200SX one time but never figured out where they came from
Old 07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
P 1

I've just bought some stuff from Mike at The Polishing Company, one of the S2KUK registered suppliers.

When we spoke he mentioned that he had just returned from sorting out a Porsche that had suffered the same thing.

May be worth giving him a call for advice.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 AM

Good news! I've just spoken to him and he's agreed to get it sorted.

Next question then, does anyone know any good detailers in or around Swindon?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 245 Likes on 211 Posts

Result then, paint spots removed and a great valet to boot.