UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Track S2000

Old 06-27-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

many non oem pistons with H22 wrist pin size at a guess maybe smaller ?.
Does a wet Darton have more rebores if needed maybe? why dry kit ?
expansion issues with dry Darton?
Old 06-27-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
Supercharged on track can be a challenge.... as i found out

they get hot
Still not certain yet, I’m enjoying the car as it is, but feel like it just needs a little more go. Hoping the new engine will give me what I’m looking for. Plus I still have to try changing the rear diff ratio as heard this makes a huge improvement to acceleration.

what charge setup did you run?

The TTS lower mount kit with 8 rib belt sounds pretty solid. I know it’s going to get hot but with a large front mount air cooler and oil cooler this should keep it stable?
Old 06-27-2018, 02:17 PM

[left]
Originally Posted by noodels

many non oem pistons with H22 wrist pin size at a guess maybe smaller ?.
Does a wet Darton have more rebores if needed maybe? why dry kit ?
expansion issues with dry Darton?
Still not sure on pistons and rods yet, have a lot of research to do. Engine internals is new to me. I have help building it from professionals but choosing the parts is on me
Old 06-27-2018, 02:23 PM

[left]A machine shop I been chatting with has tried to push me towards wet sleeves for that reason. I may yet go for them, I don’t have a huge engine budget, but I will be weighing it all up after researching over the next few months, want to get it rite first time. Another reason why I’m back on S2KI
Old 06-27-2018, 02:26 PM

[left]Anyone who has built a f24 please feel free to leave some comments
Old 06-27-2018, 04:05 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Went into as you,
i got another engine,with low miles from an 05my
with looking at your oem bores , you can see why.

Last edited by noodels; 06-28-2018 at 06:14 AM. Reason: .
Old 06-27-2018, 10:36 PM

Received 623 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by burnsey

Still not certain yet, I’m enjoying the car as it is, but feel like it just needs a little more go. Hoping the new engine will give me what I’m looking for. Plus I still have to try changing the rear diff ratio as heard this makes a huge improvement to acceleration.

The TTS lower mount kit with 8 rib belt sounds pretty solid. I know it’s going to get hot but with a large front mount air cooler and oil cooler this should keep it stable?
Mine is TTS front mount, running 12psi

I've chatted to a few SC owners.. temps is a challenge. Cynic ran a lot of cooling mods on his, that was probably the best setup
Old 06-28-2018, 12:23 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

The diff ratio does make a difference at very low speeds, but can actually make you slower in certain scenarios where it results in more gear changes.

For example, 60-80 with short gears is quicker than with long gears, but 60-90 is slower as a) you need an extra gear change, and b) you're using a longer ratio for the 80-90 part, which makes it slower there.

This is a fun thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...rives-1023892/

And some real world experiences wit different FDs https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela.../#post22564271

Last edited by lovegroova; 06-28-2018 at 12:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
burnsey (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 03:37 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by burnsey

Its a balancing game with cooling. The more rads you supply, the less efficient each one can be unless you are really creative with positioning. I know Har-vey has been working on some oil cooler mounts that sit near the faux vents. That would certainly help, although I like the idea of having a crash bar in between the rads and some muppet I hit, to avoid overly costly repairs on a small shunt!
The following users liked this post:
har-vey (06-29-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 06:12 AM

[noodels]

Don't think the full message has been posted, but I am assuming your asking how are the scores there?

The engine I am rebuilding spun a bearing and there were bits of it everywhere in the bottom end, the oil pump filter caught the most of it. A little damage may have been done from that. The scoring is not as bad as the picture makes out, however finger nail is catching so I will be replacing them. I was going to get it honed and insert oversized rings, but as I already have another low mileage engine in the car, I want to go for a F24 build.

Quick Reply: Track S2000