S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   UK customs holding parcel (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/uk-customs-holding-parcel-1099868/)

bruceski 09-17-2014 05:43 AM

UK customs holding parcel

Just after clarification.

I have ordered a new throttle body from America and the seller is using USPS to ship it. The last update I got was "Your item is being processed by customs in UNITED KINGDOM at 10:54 pm on September 14, 2014."

Is this normal? How long do they normally take to 'process' packages? I assume I have nothing to worry about but just thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

The Loon 09-17-2014 05:55 AM

Call the shipping company. It could take a week for HMRC to decide how much tax you need to pay. Once you pay that to the shipping company, your parcel will be released. Yes, its happened to me and does happen when they decide to randomly check a package. I have been very lucky on other occassions too. I received an expensive Mugen part from Japan and paid no import duties

lovegroova 09-17-2014 05:59 AM

It's normal, and usually only takes a day or two.

bruceski 09-17-2014 06:03 AM

Cheers

Thought it would be the case, however it would also appear nothing to be overly concerned about it. Fortunately not desperate for the part. Will contact the shipping company just to be sure.

richmc 09-17-2014 07:16 AM

they are just processing it for duty and VAT, before they grab your balls and make your eyes water.

markforrester99 09-17-2014 08:03 AM

£8 charge for the service and then the tax they chose to add on top. Can take a while to go through customs. Normally parcelforce take over the parcel when it enters the UK. Try putting in the USPS reference into the parcel force tracking and it will probably be more up to date. You will recieve a card in the post soon with the cost and then it will be released once paid for. Can take a while thou.

kim-s2k 09-17-2014 08:20 AM

My recent experiences of that has been at least 6 working days.

s2konroids 09-17-2014 12:20 PM

Yup as above you've already paid f@#king postage and their tax depending on state but these greedy c@#ts want even more on top, there's a flat rate then percentage based on item cost declaration.

You can prempt it ringing up your local parcel farce as they'll hold and you won't get a letter till 2 or 3 days later.

Gotta be careful what you buy and how much it's declared for as it becomes not worth it for obvious momentary reasons.

lovegroova 09-17-2014 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by s2konroids (Post 23334957)
Yup as above you've already paid f@#king postage and their tax depending on state cost declaration.

You haven't paid US Sales taxes, or at least you shouldn't have.

earl's_f20c 09-18-2014 10:55 PM

As others have said the trouble with using USPS is that when it hits these shores it ends up in the clumsy inept hands of Parcel Farce.

As an example of what you can expect, the last parcel they received for me got 'processed' then they just kept it until I tracked it down myself!

They are supposed to deliver a card to inform you how much you need to pay to obtain it, but they're such a bunch of cazy lunts they never bothered.

Next time ask for UPS, I won't use USPS now because of Parcel Farce. :thumbdn:

Good Luck!