UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

UK Forced Induction Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been boosted for over 10k miles tho. I'm running the inline pro diff kit.

I meant the compressor cover not exhaust!?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattie170
I have been boosted for over 10k miles tho. I'm running the inline pro diff kit.

I meant the compressor cover not exhaust!?
Sorry mate long day! Been dragged around London shopping all day! It's fried my brain..

Don't know why I was thinking turbine when you said compressor!?

Compressor is a 0.6.

How come?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:17 PM

Was just wondering, I'm running a 0.70 but the compressor wheel is from the gt35. Look forward to see how it goes
Old 02-18-2014, 02:45 AM

I think this thread is a good idea as a UK only rather than just a US biased.The reason being.....there are quite a few boosted cars running over here now and I for one got most of my parts from the States.

I would have benefited greatly from other people's experiences dealing with American company's , Fullblown springs to mind here.I wouldn't buy a part for my lawnmower from them.

Most of the people running boosted cars over here are helpful and honest.and a prepared to share experiences and advice,which can only benefit others thinking of going forced induction.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice thread to read. Anyone running turbo'd s2000's on track?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
I think this thread is a good idea as a UK only rather than just a US biased.The reason being.....there are quite a few boosted cars running over here now and I for one got most of my parts from the States.

I would have benefited greatly from other people's experiences dealing with American company's , Fullblown springs to mind here.I wouldn't buy a part for my lawnmower from them.

Most of the people running boosted cars over here are helpful and honest.and a prepared to share experiences and advice,which can only benefit others thinking of going forced induction.
I agree
Old 02-18-2014, 06:11 AM

I sat down with my tuner last night and discussed what I wanted from the management system:

Full customisation
Easy user plane
Multiple safety features
Full rotary boost control
Stable boost control (I don't want the car stepping out at high speeds)

I have now decided to go down the Syvecs route. I will be going with a Syvecs S6 and Toucan touch screen display.

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/s6/
http://www.jti.uk.com/toucan/

The main reason for this is my tuner is very at home using this system. He has built, wired and mapped a VR38DETT (R35 GTR Engine) in a Silvia S15 using a Syvecs S8. Not only that it has very stable boost control and from what I can see has as many of the same features which Motec offer.

I figure that since I have spent so much on the engine/car, it deserves to have an ECU which is going to not only give me best performance but safetey and potential for tuning tweaks in the future.

Let me know if any of you guys have have any experience with Syvecs. I believe this will be the 1st S2K in the UK running this ECU.

Shameless pun but MY AEM is also for sale (see the FS thread).
Old 02-18-2014, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Funtimefrankie
I sat down with my tuner last night and discussed what I wanted from the management system:

Full customisation
Easy user plane
Multiple safety features
Full rotary boost control
Stable boost control (I don't want the car stepping out at high speeds)

I have now decided to go down the Syvecs route. I will be going with a Syvecs S6 and Toucan touch screen display.

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/s6/
http://www.jti.uk.com/toucan/

The main reason for this is my tuner is very at home using this system. He has built, wired and mapped a VR38DETT (R35 GTR Engine) in a Silvia S15 using a Syvecs S8. Not only that it has very stable boost control and from what I can see has as many of the same features which Motec offer.

I figure that since I have spent so much on the engine/car, it deserves to have an ECU which is going to not only give me best performance but safetey and potential for tuning tweaks in the future.

Let me know if any of you guys have have any experience with Syvecs. I believe this will be the 1st S2K in the UK running this ECU.

Shameless pun but MY AEM is also for sale (see the FS thread).

I've gone down the Motec route mainly because Matty raved about his and also Gary at APT is a wizard with the Motec and runs it on his Evo.Bloody expensive tho with all the toys added.I also have a brand new Aem for sale but mine is the piggyback one for the DBW cars.

I found apart from getting parts from the States, getting a good reliable tuner was the biggest issue,when my car was supercharged I never trusted the tune that was on the car.The tune is the single most important part of building a boosted car,everything else can be built around the power you put out.

I want the ability to get the power down to be the deciding factor rather than fragile components.With a good drivetrain not an issue and a well built engine the realistic figures for power are anything upto and including 1000 hp.Not that that power would be useable anywhere except on a drag strip running slicks.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue monster
Not sure I would want to go beyond what I have now from a reliability point of view.

I know the turbo will be quicker but how much more than 450 bhp & 300 ft / lbs torque do you need?

I use mine as a DD and I am 8,500 miles in and so far no issues.

My last S (of 4) was much the same
I stopped at that point because beyond 12psi boost you really need to look at the internals
The other benefit of SC is boost is proportional to rpm and not full on at low revs like a Turbo

My advice would be spend some time on the US forced induction forum and understand what they have been doing for decades before trying to reinvent the wheel.
Then find a UK tuner that also understands the F20C.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by mikey k
Originally Posted by blue monster' timestamp='1392503690' post='23017489
Not sure I would want to go beyond what I have now from a reliability point of view.

I know the turbo will be quicker but how much more than 450 bhp & 300 ft / lbs torque do you need?

I use mine as a DD and I am 8,500 miles in and so far no issues.

My last S (of 4) was much the same
I stopped at that point because beyond 12psi boost you really need to look at the internals
The other benefit of SC is boost is proportional to rpm and not full on at low revs like a Turbo

My advice would be spend some time on the US forced induction forum and understand what they have been doing for decades before trying to reinvent the wheel.
Then find a UK tuner that also understands the F20C.
You get the basics from the US forum but never believe the figures as it's all rubbish. You'll never achieve it over here.

I have run at 18psi and over for over 10k on stock internals with no problems. It's all down to the tuning.

Turbos are much better on the street than a supercharger as you don't have to rev the crap out of the engine to achieve the same goal.

Both sc and turbos have benefits

Quick Reply: UK Forced Induction Thread