UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

UK Turbo Kit Options / Suppliers

Old 03-01-2019, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UK Turbo Kit Options / Suppliers

Hi all, I have been through pages of turbo threads but still unsure on what options are available in the UK, especially seeing as those threads are quite outdated now with some sellers no longer listing turbo kits online (being from 10+ years ago!) I noticed that a user Mase is now banned who seemed to be selling kits.

Is there a list or could anyone name or provide links to some? Or have people been putting together custom kits? I'm guessing there may only be 1 or 2 sellers in the UK.

Thanks, Nick
Old 03-03-2019, 03:36 AM

I think you'll find most are custom these days,

Your biggest struggle will be finding a manifold that fits, the Fullblown Side winder does with the ABS moved a bit, and you'll struggle to beat it for the money. After that it's just picking up bits here and there.

Look for the Boosted S2000 facebook page, there's quite a few of us in the UK with turbo conversions and there's a lot of info for RHD cars
Old 03-03-2019, 06:41 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

N77CK on a side note i watched your review on the HKS hi power the other day. It persuaded me to purchase the exhaust so that i can remove my restrictive exhaust (3" over the 60mm i currently have)
Old 03-05-2019, 01:57 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I got more power from a 63mm than 3” with my current sized pulley on my blower

Btw
Old 03-06-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Natswoo
I think you'll find most are custom these days,

Your biggest struggle will be finding a manifold that fits, the Fullblown Side winder does with the ABS moved a bit, and you'll struggle to beat it for the money. After that it's just picking up bits here and there.

Look for the Boosted S2000 facebook page, there's quite a few of us in the UK with turbo conversions and there's a lot of info for RHD cars
Hi Natswoo, thanks for your reply, I don’t seem to be getting notifications for some reason. I have joined the Boosted S2000 page and another one I think!

I assume you are boosted then? Do you have a spec list of parts that you are running?
Old 03-06-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
N77CK on a side note i watched your review on the HKS hi power the other day. It persuaded me to purchase the exhaust so that i can remove my restrictive exhaust (3" over the 60mm i currently have)
Hi Mark, that’s great! Always glad to hear that one of my videos has helped someone!! I’m still happily running mine too!

Yes I assume that the 3” HKS Hi Power Single would go well with a turbo (bigger the better I believe?), so I thought I could “prepare” a decat (test pipe) as a pre-turbo mod, but noticed that most are either 63mm or 70mm, whereas 3” actually works out at 76.2mm. Seems strange to me but guess I’d be stuck with a 70mm step.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
I got more power from a 63mm than 3” with my current sized pulley on my blower

Btw
That’s interesting, what is the size across your whole exhaust system though?
Old 03-07-2019, 03:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found the same problem a while ago. I could figure out the best transmission setup, but the engine side of things appeared to be a combination of people saying they were making good power, subsequently breaking the cars and then moaning at the cost of a full rebuild which they should have done at the outset.

It's no different to the N/A options. I've read probably 250 or so threads and have now got an idea of what will work reasonably well, but very, very few people seem happy to admit when something isn't quite working.

I've seen Kings Performance build pretty decent manifolds and offer the whole setup, then 1 person buys it and doesn't implement it in line with the recommendation and subsequently complains, endlessly about it.

Which is why I'm n/a and if I ever go F/I, I expect it'll be a TTS charger.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by C7 JFW
I found the same problem a while ago. I could figure out the best transmission setup, but the engine side of things appeared to be a combination of people saying they were making good power, subsequently breaking the cars and then moaning at the cost of a full rebuild which they should have done at the outset.

It's no different to the N/A options. I've read probably 250 or so threads and have now got an idea of what will work reasonably well, but very, very few people seem happy to admit when something isn't quite working.

I've seen Kings Performance build pretty decent manifolds and offer the whole setup, then 1 person buys it and doesn't implement it in line with the recommendation and subsequently complains, endlessly about it.

Which is why I'm n/a and if I ever go F/I, I expect it'll be a TTS charger.
Sounds like a nightmare. Also the Kings Performance kit doesn't have UK suppliers as far as I can tell?

I believe there are quite a few turbo S2's in the UK now and it would be great to learn from their mistakes if they would be kind enough to say what their original setup plan was, what the mistakes were and if they were able to change parts to resolve it, what they would do if they were going to spec a turbo up again etc.

I miss having a turbo so a supercharger doesn't really excite me.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:32 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

have a chat with AJ, he runs a very decent turbo

the fb group is full of people dicking about but you mighr find it some use

i dont think you'll find an easy off the shelf turbo setup, get a manifold made custom.. good luck

Quick Reply: UK Turbo Kit Options / Suppliers