S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Very Special Trip to Japan! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/very-special-trip-japan-713064/)

AquilaEagle 07-06-2009 11:30 AM

Very Special Trip to Japan!

As a result of Uehara-san attending Euromeet, together with his translator Yamamoto-san, Yamamoto decided to buy an S2000 immediately as he returned home to Germany. He's enjoying it a lot :thumbup:

Stocky thought it would be a good idea if the opportunity arose to visit Japan. :ponder:

Yamamoto decided to ask Uehara-san (Chief Designer) and Funubashi-san (Production Co-ordinator) if he could organise an exchange visit, for the attendees of Euromeet. :)

It was very short notice, as production ends next week, but Yamamoto has pulled it off, and there will be about a dozen of us from all over Europe flying to Japan on Saturday. (It is Japanese tradition to invite people back when they have been invited somewhere, and those exchanges continue). I'm going from LHR, and the others from Frankfurt. (Those Virgin miles came in very handy!!) :D

The itinerary looks absolutely fantastic..... :heart:
Here are a few things we will be doing...

Saturday/Sunday Travelling to Narita (Tokyo) then Nagoya

Monday - Suzuka Circuit for lunch, then on to Suzuka factory, to see the last S2000 come off the line (hopefully!). We will meet Funabashi-san and some Japanese S2000 Owners. There will be a factory tour. We will then Visit J's Racing in Osaka.

Tuesday - Visit Rays at Osaka, transfer to Kyoto and tour the temples in Kyoto

Wednesday - more temples, Traditional Japanese day at a traditional Hotel, Japanese bath/spa and traditional Japanese dinner followed by Karaoke!

Thursday - Back to Tokyo for some sightseeing, Shibuya, Shinjuku, City Hall etc. Visit Mugen showroom at Asaka and maybe a R&D factory tour

Friday - Visit Spoon showroom in Tokyo, visit Honda HQ and Welcom plaza, then on to the Honda Collection Hall and Honda Theme Hall at Motegi. Dinner that night at the Motegi Twin Ring Hotel.

Saturday - We'll meet with the Japanese S2000 Club, have passenger rides in S2000 and NSX driving to Nikko. We'll have a party that night too, with special guests Mr Uehara, Mr Tsukamoto (Chasis project leader), Mr Nakano (Powertrain project leader) and Mr Funabashi.

Sunday - Travel home (I will be getting a lift to the station from Mr Funubashi!)

I'm so excited. I'll have my camera and notepad with me and hope to do a good write up when I return :)

Myself and leftfootbraking are attending from this side of the Channel. There are a few from Italy, Germany, Portugal too.

:dance2:

S2000_FUN 07-06-2009 11:35 AM

Ian you should delete this post immediately. You make everybody including myself very very jealous :D :D

What more to say.....it will be once in a life time experience. Well done :thumbup: :thumbup:

johnmcS2000 07-06-2009 11:38 AM

Trip of a life time. Enjoy. You Lucky Lucky Bas****! Take loadsa photo's for us mortals.

John

Vixen 07-06-2009 11:38 AM

Wow - fantastic :D Look forward to seeing the photos and report when you guys get back :thumbup:

(My mum's just been to Japan - you'll have a fab time)

AquilaEagle 07-06-2009 11:40 AM

I was in Japan in May :D That will be 3 visits to Japan this year!!

Wah 07-06-2009 11:40 AM

Sounds like a wonderful trip; enjoy.
Hope you are told Honda will be making another car to replace our S2Ks when they start to depart this world.

mikey k 07-06-2009 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by S2000_FUN,Jul 6 2009, 08:35 PM
Ian you should delete this post immediately. You make everybody including myself very very jealous :D :D

What more to say.....it will be once in a life time experience. Well done :thumbup: :thumbup:

:iagree:

Jealous as sin!

eSeM 07-06-2009 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Jul 6 2009, 07:30 PM
Tuesday - tour the temples in Kyoto

Wednesday - more temples

:cool: ... Make sure you take *lots* of photos.

:)

LTB 07-06-2009 11:52 AM

I would have loved to have been on this one too, but work commitments meant that I couldn't make it.

When I spoke to Furio last week Ian he said he is going to buy as many S2000 bits as possbile. I asked him which ones and he replied "All of them !" :D

Have a great trip and pass on my best wishes to Ko and Mr Uehara, it looks like he has put a great itinerary together.

:)

AquilaEagle 07-06-2009 11:54 AM

Gutted you're unable to make it Lee, you deserve it for everything you did. :)

I'll send you the flight numbers ;)