UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Warranty / Leaso Co. Issue

Old 10-03-2007, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GarethB,Oct 3 2007, 12:17 PM
I'm already contemplating buying out the lease - could be some financial calculating to do over the weekend!

Aldfort, I understand what they're saying, it's just a bit frustrating.

Moff, it's actually a private lease, so I already take the cash option from the company and lease the car myself - I hate calling it a lease though because I will be buying the car at the end, but until the end of the lease it's not "my" car.

It is however my insurance, currently with swiftcover. Some people will already know my thoughts on them, not broached the subjet of mods yet.
Buy it out at 2 years old then. You may get a better deal than waiting until you get to the baloon payment.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:30 AM

Usually I've been impressed with Crown Honda - so much so that they still service my car even though I work in Dartford and it's a bit difficult to get over there. Even though they seem / are very busy and I find they often don't seem to be listening as I explain specific issues.

Anyway, I've had a niggle for a little while now, under "spirited" driving there's a single squeek (a chirp if you will) when you change up a gear, specifically when the higher gear engages and you start to accelerate again.

I've mentioned the problem a couple of times before but nothing has been done.
This time I was quite specific, it was on the job sheet and mentioned again when I handed over the keys.

At 3:15 I called and had to leave a message asking if the car was ready as I needed to leave soon in order to collect. Called again at 3:30 and left another message. Left at 4 having still not heard. At 4:15 I was called to say it was ready and everything was done, they couldn't hear the squeek though! I had the same conversation over the phone as I had later in the dealer.

If they can't find the problem, why not call me at 12 and tell me so I can tell them how to drive, at 4:15 all I can do is book the car in again and take another day, p155ing off the people at work.
"Ah, but the drivers can't drive like that", well I'd explained the circumstances when it occurred, if they'd told me that I could have demonstrated it myself.

So, from really looking forward to collecting my K&N'd Berk Tech'd and squeek free car, I was pretty dejected last night. Now I have to try my luck with Dutton-Forshaw in Bexley who don't get the greatest feedback, but are close enough to nip to.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:48 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

This is often the case with all garages, not just Crown. If you have something like a specific squeak, it's best to call them before and arrange to take one of the service team, and preferably a mechanic out in the car so they can hear it and investigate.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Gareth, ask to speak to Jorge, specifically. Or his brother. Take him out in the car and show him
Old 10-04-2007, 01:05 PM

I'm surprised that you are having problems with the communication with Crown. I agree with Ian, make sure you talk to Jorge for all your work on the S. For my services, I've waited around, doesn't take much more than an hour, and I've been out with Jorge to show him any problems too.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is bloody easy to resolve, I don't understand all of the fuss.

Buy your own.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:11 PM

Jorge is the guy to speak to - he can pin point little niggles very quickly.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Tried talking too Jorge. Too busy when I called.

I'm sure Jorge can sort things out and when I've dealt with him he seems to know what he's talking about. The problem isn't his at all, it's communication back to me.

As I said, if they couldn't identify a problem I'd very specifically described to them why not phone me during the day and tell me. At 4:15 when I'm on my way to collect the car it's too late to do anything about it.

And good idea, Cheshire Carper, now, can you lend me
Old 10-05-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

It is an easily-overlooked problem with leasing. Or Hire-purchase; technically, the car isn't yours 'til you pay the final 'option fee'.

It's why I never got 'round to doing a speaker upgrade in the MX-5s.

I did change the 1.8's steering wheel though! That was unbearable.