UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Which Wax?

Old 10-24-2001, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianl
[B]I bought half a dozen bottles of what I assume is the 'cheap' Zymol (mine was -
Old 10-24-2001, 12:44 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Red:

What are you going to do with all that Auto Glym stuff in your stockroom?... sorry, garage!
LOL LOL

I use it on the cars I valet for other people (friends, family etc.), it is still good stuff I just rate Zymol better.
Old 10-24-2001, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Red:

What are you going to do with all that Auto Glym stuff in your stockroom?... sorry, garage!
If this P21S stuff works out well then my Autoglym Super Resin Polish/Extra Gloss Protection will be free to the first interested S2000 owner at the next meet!

-Brian.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:28 AM

Ive always been impressed by Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Protection, however I have to agree with that article regarding the EGP stuff, you could get high while waxing it smells so much.

I find the beading works great for about a month but then it does start to wear off. I'd be surprised if there were every day waxes out there that lasted much longer than this.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:35 AM

Define "everyday waxes"

It'll be interesting to see how the Zymol Clenaer Wax on my Mum's Citroen lasts, it costs about the same as the Autoglym Resin/EGP combo ~
Old 11-02-2001, 11:57 AM

Tifosi, just thought i'd let you know that i've ordered an NSX starter kit from Zymol...gave them a call re my "seal" stuff and got chatting to a guy called Newton, told him I was using Autoglym and we then had a 10 miute conversation on synthetic Vs. real wax, to say this guy knew his stuff..well!!
Anyway he talked about Wax specially created for Japanese cars "Japon" and "NSX". Apparently they use a different kind of paint to European cars. The NSX stuff isn't cheap (
Old 11-03-2001, 12:27 AM

Good man! You won't regret it, they are a great bunch at Zymol UK - they really can't do enough to help can they?

You must let me know what the NSX "smells" like
Old 11-03-2001, 01:00 PM

Hi Tifosi,
I received my kit this morning..had to get up early and check it out!!
It was so easy to apply and everything smelled soooo nice, the HD cleanse in particular was good enough to eat!!
No chalky residue at all (unlike my Autoglym), the NSX wax was amazing I just warmed it up with my hands and applied it with my palms and fingertips, smells vaguely like a coconut/vanilla concoction with loads of cream! The whole process, wash, clean, and wax took about 3 1/2 hours, but the end result was worth it. The paint looks spectacular, with a depth of shine i have never had before!!
I'm going to do the seals and leather tomorrow all being well...
Anyway thanks for introducing me to the stuff and yes Zymol UK have been great (i got a complimentary Chamois because the wax didn't have a sticker on!!).

Cheers,

Sanjay
Old 11-04-2001, 03:35 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

At last!!

I've been banging on for ages about how I used to be an Autoglym fan, but these days it's just chalky water that washes off in the rain. The formulation's definitely changed for the worse over the years.

I got a kit from Auto Fanatics and the product quality is vastly superior. I've never polished my only waxed the car and am very pleased with the results. Initially I used good old Simoniz GT, which is very easy to apply. The purer carnuabas are hard work, but the effort is worth it.

P21, Zaino, Zymoel, are expensive, but I believe are probably well worth the expense.

And they're so kind to your hands

Old 11-04-2001, 05:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got my P21S, with cleaner through, but I haven't had chance t apply it yet.

I did a mini group buy with another Honda-R member. Cost about

Quick Reply: Which Wax?