S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/what-would-you-do-1048077/)

har-vey 09-18-2013 06:38 AM

What would you do?

Hello everyone

I am after some advice. Now I know this is s2ki so most people will be s2000 bias but please consider my situation.

I am on the look out for a new car and I was thinking about a s2000 or Integra DC5 - I have had a s2000 in the past so I know what there like, but the idea of a raw type R also appeals.

Basically I know the s2000 is a better car in a lot of ways but I can’t get it out of my head that I have had one before. What I’m worried about is if I buy DC5, will I always think to myself "I should have got a s2000"

Basically I’m lost on what to do. I don’t need it to be practical as it’s not my only car but I do plan on driving it everyday. I also have a track toy so I will only use it on the road.

Any comments would be much appreciated

tonksy 09-18-2013 06:49 AM

Test drive is the best option I would say.

I nearly purchased a DC5 before I got the S, and to be honest if I do sell the S (and don't go turbo or V8) it may well be for a DC5. I've had a DC2 which was great fun but I do fancy the DC5.

The one I test drove had the FRS by TGM and it was a great drive! totally different than the S. The only reason I didn't buy it was because the body work wasn't in the best condition, and then I found the S on the way back from the test drive.

I remember that the DC5 (and DC2) was useless for a rear passenger if you're my height, 5"10, as the roof swoops down very low. Not important for a driver I know but worth knowing.

No matter what you buy you'll always want the other......... when you've had apples for so long you want pears.

mikefifth 09-18-2013 06:51 AM

Go S2000. Go Pro.

Jayboy83 09-18-2013 07:10 AM

My brother has a dc5, it is an awesome car, but its nowhere near as "raw" as his old dc2 was.
Its a quick car and lovely looking, but a bit boy racer!
We shared it on a track day when my car was off the road over winter, lots of grip and nice to drive. But after a while you end up missing the rear wheel drive fun/skill.
Id happily own one, but wouldnt trade the s2 for it.
You will also miss the roof down action in the summer!
Speed wise there is nothing between the two cars in standard from.
If you dont need this car to be practical, then stick with the 2 seater convertible whilst you still can, one day you might not get the choice!

phase_k 09-18-2013 11:58 PM

Flip a coin and let fate decide for you if you are stuck! But don't argue or be disappointed with the result!

MB 09-19-2013 12:04 AM

Had a DC5, didn't like it and wouldn't have another.

Can you edit your topic title so it's not a mystery as to what the question is? Ta :)

richjsy 09-19-2013 12:28 AM

I am lucky enough to own both a DC5 and an S2000. Both very different cars. If I were in the position of having to sell one, I think I'd let the DC5 go. Both have similar mods, by the way.

flybikeslee 09-19-2013 01:01 AM

i was in the same predicament before buying the S. DC5 you dont seem to get as much for your money, older car with more miles and the fact they're an import (insurance etc) swayed me toward the S. oh and RWD

RichwiththeS2000 09-19-2013 02:13 AM

I spent a lot of time in my house mates DC5, great cars, handle amazingly well for a FWD and in many cases would be quicker point to point than an S. However I much perfer the S with RWD , a more alive chassis that rewards you when you get it right - the DC5 is more "point and squirt", being able to take the roof down, it feels like a "proper sports car". The DC5 just feels like you are sat in a fast civic.

Try them both and decide :)

PhilipGB 09-19-2013 04:46 AM

You can take an S2000 and make it more raw but you can't take an Integra and make it less wrong wheel drive. Not practically anyway.

Weigh up the pro's and cons.

The Integra is likely faster point to point and easier to drive faster.
The S2000 on a public road is probably still faster than is wise to drive and more rewarding to drive with pace.
The Integra will probably get less hairdresser/gay/girls car jokes.
The S2000 will not looks as boy racer like.

Ultimately though everyone on here made the right choice. You won't find many owners of a car, who've joined up on it's forums, secretly wishing they had bought another option.