UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Which wheels on Monza Red Pearl?

Old 10-17-2017, 05:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Which wheels on Monza Red Pearl?

Yes, another one of these threads!

I've recently bought my 2nd S2000, this time in a rare Monza Red Pearl - the car's come with Enkei RPF1's, but I'm not entirely keen on them, at the moment, I'm leaning towards Facelift V1s again like I had on my previous car.

Also, the previous owner has "upgraded" the bumpers and head/tail lights to make it look like a facelift, I'm again not keen on that, thinking of changing those back to stock as I've got the parts from my old car.

So suggestions for wheels please and whether I'm being stupid for wanting to have pre-facelift parts on a pre-facelift car.

Last edited by SuperHamz; 10-17-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:10 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I love my OEM look and "Originality" but in this case I think I'd just go with it as-is, I prefer the face-lift lights - but maybe change the number plate and bracket ?
Old 10-17-2017, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
I love my OEM look and "Originality" but in this case I think I'd just go with it as-is, I prefer the face-lift lights - but maybe change the number plate and bracket ?
Agree on the number plate, that bugs me, I'm awaiting DVLA to send me my retention certificate for my personalised plate (they wouldn't do it online as the previous car was a write off)

I suppose I need to get used to the car, first time I've got a car with pretty much everything I'd want to do already done to it
Old 10-17-2017, 06:30 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

There's always things that will need doing, it'll just take time for you to find them
Are you going lower ride height again ?
Old 10-17-2017, 07:07 AM

Indeed, early days

It doesn't look it in that picture, but it is on coilovers and really low, speed humps are not my friend
Old 10-17-2017, 12:29 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Ride height & offsets look correct - can you not back the coilovers down a bit and see if that restores the ride? They're a decent, lightish wheel after all.

I prefer the cleaner look of the original lights, personally.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:06 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I prefer the facelift bumpers and lights although cutting the rear chassis would put me off, can the old rear light still be installed? V1 facelift wheels always look nice but if you could get gunmetal V3s i think they'd be awesome. Number plate holder looks like a Jap one fyi.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:21 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

The styling was facelifted for a reason. Looks good on this car. Not OEM but can never be original again anyway.

There are reproduction "AP2V1" wheels sold in the North American market. Assuming they're Asian origin they should be available in the UK as well. Purchasers on the forum seem happy; many of those who haven't continue to think "cheap PRC stuff."

-- Chuck
Old 10-18-2017, 05:19 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Would those wheels look better with a bronze finish?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
Ride height & offsets look correct - can you not back the coilovers down a bit and see if that restores the ride? They're a decent, lightish wheel after all.

I prefer the cleaner look of the original lights, personally.
Me too, plus I'm finding it difficult not to compare to my old one

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
I prefer the facelift bumpers and lights although cutting the rear chassis would put me off, can the old rear light still be installed? V1 facelift wheels always look nice but if you could get gunmetal V3s i think they'd be awesome. Number plate holder looks like a Jap one fyi.
Not tried fitting the old tail lights - I'd definitely have to change the rear bumper then as well, as the fog light sits in the bumper V3's would be nice,

Originally Posted by Chuck S
The styling was facelifted for a reason. Looks good on this car. Not OEM but can never be original again anyway.

There are reproduction "AP2V1" wheels sold in the North American market. Assuming they're Asian origin they should be available in the UK as well. Purchasers on the forum seem happy; many of those who haven't continue to think "cheap PRC stuff."

-- Chuck
Will check that out, could always wait for an OEM set to come on sale on the forum

Originally Posted by richmc
Would those wheels look better with a bronze finish?
Not the biggest fan of bronze/gold look, the whole engine bay is styled with gold bits everywhere, which I'll be changing soon

Quick Reply: Which wheels on Monza Red Pearl?