UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Where to you drop from

Old 02-10-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

You pusher shutters will land up with palm print dents , always drop a bonnet shut ! , now I will duck down behind the parapet tin hat and flack jacket on , can't wait for the repost .
The bonnet is Ali and even easier to dent like this , when my car was repsrayed , there where a number of dents that showed on the top inner edges of the front wings , palm prints fro. I dare say me and or mechanics in the past , never noticed until it was rubbed down and the slight depressions showed themselves .
Can 't remember where I was originally informed of this little gem of knowledge , I think it was some one who was a car sprayer
If you have to drop from a stratospheric height you might need to Cary out some adjustments to the rubber stops and or the latch.The latch needs to be free and nicely lubed as well , it needs to slip in and latch easily, you know the feeling
Seeing people with the gas struts having to push hard down makes me cringe , saw Loon doing this once
Old 02-10-2014, 01:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPO
You pusher shutters will land up with palm print dents , always drop a bonnet shut !.The bonnet is Ali
No it wont, no it isn't ....

(hence why i push it closed )
Old 02-10-2014, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The latch is adjustable up or down....just adjust it up a bit if its not closing easily
Old 02-10-2014, 01:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dropped the bonnet on my last one from around 6 feet
Old 02-10-2014, 01:59 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

I have a team of milk white virgins who gently lower the bonnet from fully up to within an inch or so of contact then my personal deity intervenes with a mantra of purest thought to depress it the last vestiges of its journey till the gentlest of clicks is heard, thus summoning a host of heavenly angels to sound a triumphal herald to let me know it has been closed.

FFS!
Old 02-10-2014, 02:06 PM

I have to do a bit of a drop then click it closed a little bit firmly, its always been like that but it is from '99 after all!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by richmc
I have a team of milk white virgins who gently lower the bonnet from fully up to within an inch or so of contact then my personal deity intervenes with a mantra of purest thought to depress it the last vestiges of its journey till the gentlest of clicks is heard, thus summoning a host of heavenly angels to sound a triumphal herald to let me know it has been closed.

FFS!
Was that a cost option when you bought it??
Old 02-10-2014, 10:57 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPO
You pusher shutters will land up with palm print dents , always drop a bonnet shut ! , now I will duck down behind the parapet tin hat and flack jacket on , can't wait for the repost .
The bonnet is Ali and even easier to dent like this , when my car was repsrayed , there where a number of dents that showed on the top inner edges of the front wings , palm prints fro. I dare say me and or mechanics in the past , never noticed until it was rubbed down and the slight depressions showed themselves .
Can 't remember where I was originally informed of this little gem of knowledge , I think it was some one who was a car sprayer
If you have to drop from a stratospheric height you might need to Cary out some adjustments to the rubber stops and or the latch.The latch needs to be free and nicely lubed as well , it needs to slip in and latch easily, you know the feeling
Seeing people with the gas struts having to push hard down makes me cringe , saw Loon doing this once

IIRC the dropping method is specified in the Owner's Manual.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by RotaxMax
Originally Posted by richmc' timestamp='1392073152' post='23008991

FFS!
Was that a cost option when you bought it??
Cost? I don't worry about trivia like that, after all I fuel the car from the distilled milk of all the goddesses of Asgard.

And after all I can use the "triumphal herald" as a daily beater.........................NURSE - MEDICATION PLEASE!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by CHIPPO' timestamp='1392067938' post='23008824

IIRC the dropping method is specified in the Owner's Manual.
Just try doing that with the car facing into a force 5 gale! (Like I'm experiencing at the moment).

Quick Reply: Where to you drop from