UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Who else has a Midnight Blue S2000? are they rare?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a pic in my profile, and I'd kinda assumed it was probably royal navy too, and thought maybe the previous owner had described it as 'midnight' blue from his own imagination, until I was signing up for this site and it asked what colour my s was and in the options was midnight blue...

I'll check the paint code tomorrow and see if it's the same as rnbp....
Old 04-08-2014, 10:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome, mate. Midnight Blue is a JDM colour. I've driven a Midnight Blue S2000 once and the colour was amazing! The paint code is PB73P. Yours is likely to be Royal Navy Blue Pearl and it's a nice colour too.

Here's a Midnight Blue but sadly you can't see the pearl effect...

There are some amazing photos of this car at honda-S2000.be but you'll have to register to see them.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperHamz
According to this link, the UK got 4 types of blue:

Bermuda Blue Pearl
Monte Carlo Blue
Nurburgring Blue Metallic
Royal Navy Blue Pearl

I suspect your's is the last one - check the colour code on the inside of your door.

And Lady boy blue.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:06 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Mine was advertised as Monte Carlo - some people just don't know the colour of their car Strange thing is that I do get a purple tinge in some lights with mine. As for keeping it clean, put it this way; it's not as bad as black It really does come up a treat with a decent sealant and wax.

As an aside you might want to look at your soft top elastic/greasing pivots, you hood should collapse lower than that PH advert shows in your profile page - see here for details https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...how-to-fix-it/
Old 04-09-2014, 04:33 AM

Okay, mystery over....

Having checked the paint code, it is B523P, which is RNBP, right?

Was beginning to wonder as i was sure it was a u.k car, and it looked like midnight was a jdm colour....

Thanks for the help.

And Ben, as for the hood not retracting fully, i think when that photo was taken, it was perhaps a litte cold, or the previous owner just hadn't put it fully down, as it definately sits lower than pictured in general! I will check it out though!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's RNBP aka pensioner blue .
Old 04-09-2014, 04:46 AM

Yup that's what RNBP stands for isn't it ? Royal Navy Blue Pensioner
Old 04-09-2014, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
Mine was advertised as Monte Carlo - some people just don't know the colour of their car Strange thing is that I do get a purple tinge in some lights with mine. As for keeping it clean, put it this way; it's not as bad as black It really does come up a treat with a decent sealant and wax.

As an aside you might want to look at your soft top elastic/greasing pivots, you hood should collapse lower than that PH advert shows in your profile page - see here for details https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...how-to-fix-it/
I have changed the pic in my profile, hopefully the hood is sitting more correct in this pic! Thanks for the heads up though!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:48 AM

Much better.. are you looking for the secret compartment in that new pic ?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
Much better.. are you looking for the secret compartment in that new pic ?
thats a quick snap my girlfriend took as i was heading off on my test drive, trying to take it all in and not just be wowed by how beautiful the car was, it would have been easy to lose all objectivity at that point!

I knew about the secret compartment though, but i will need to sork on my contortionism skills in order to use it from the driving position!

Quick Reply: Who else has a Midnight Blue S2000? are they rare?