UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Why Do We Stand For It???

Old 08-18-2001, 02:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why Do We Stand For It???

All the free advertising that dealers stick all over our brand new cars?. Not only do they still grossly overcharge for the product in the first place, but they stick this crap all over the cars. The first thing I do whenever I change my car is get rid of the number plates they've charged ME for, that are plastered with THEIR free dealer advertising. They are usually crap quality anyway! I've also removed a metallic sticker just under the boot lid that I thought would leave a mark in the paint but I've got away with it with the help of a little 'T Cut'. I also have THEIR advertising on my tax disc, which survives at the moment because it also has the Roadside Assistance phone number. On the other side of the screen is a sticker which proclaims to the world that my car has been professionally valeted by Brindley Honda again with THEIR phone number. This sticker has been there since the car was brand new and begs the question "How much valeting does a brand new car need?" Talk about taking the piss!!!
Old 08-18-2001, 02:26 AM

I agree - I wanted mine clean of anything - I made it part of the agreement with the dealer - no stickers. I even keep my tax disc in the glovebox - that's one benefit of having a soft top - normally have to display it in the back window.

but when I first saw the car at the garage - it had a huge oval sticker on the boot - proclaiming the low pollution level of the engine......one glare at the dealer and it was swiftly removed.
Old 08-18-2001, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brindley Honda are particularily bad for this 'advertising'.
When I bought my CRV I insisted that they left all of their 'advertising' off the car.
They did not listen, so I removed it all myself, the only thing I left behind was the original number plates.
I must admit, this does irritate me quite a bit also.
It is useful to have their phone number handy in case of emergency though.
Old 08-18-2001, 03:31 AM

About the valeting of a brand new car:
I was told my car was absolutely filthy once it had been transported over and off the wagon. The dealer said I could come and take a look but it would be best to wait until it had be cleaned up a bit. When I finally took delivery it was perfect....

I know what you mean though about the stickers and crap.
There is also a 'no rear airbag' sticker on the passenger side (at least thats what I think it is). I need to remove this soon.

Also, ive also 'acquired' a chrome tax disc holder... a friend had a spare one he gave me (cost about a tenner). Looks better than the dealers one which was about ten inches tall with Chatsworth Honda all over it !

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
This sticker has been there since the car was brand new and begs the question "How much valeting does a brand new car need?" Talk about taking the piss!!!
Old 08-18-2001, 05:11 AM

Na$tY:

LOL... Very mysterious Avatar
Old 08-18-2001, 05:13 AM

hehe - thnks. I was going to post one of my face and the eyes blacked out...like a criminal.. LOL- maybe next time...

Na$tY:

Old 08-18-2001, 05:13 AM

Na$tY:

You can talk.....LOL

Old 08-18-2001, 05:16 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

My "favourites" are those chrome ones made to look like a proper emblem - they're normally really crappy chrome plated plastic and put on crookedly. Classy.
Old 08-18-2001, 05:17 AM

LOL - a naked man strumming away !!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
[B]
You can talk.....LOL
Old 08-18-2001, 05:22 AM

Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
LOL - a naked man strumming away !!

With a puffy hat..AGAIN..........ROFLMAO

Quick Reply: Why Do We Stand For It???