S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Windscreen replacement (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/windscreen-replacement-1173630/)

johnckeen 06-01-2017 12:05 AM

Windscreen replacement

I remmeber seeing a thread somehwhere about this but cant dig it out with search.
My windscreen is cracked and needs to be replaced (MOT failure).
With Adrian Flux, are they good at getting an OEM one or will they push for a different brand?

johnckeen 06-01-2017 12:31 AM

Looks like its going through national windscreen, any experience?

Toms1989 06-01-2017 12:42 AM

Mine was done by National Windscreens. At the time, no OEM ones were available ( according to them ) So it was replaced with an FY windscreen. No problems here 4 years down the line!

johnckeen 06-01-2017 12:52 AM

Thanks Tom, good to know.
What do i need to look out for when they come to fit it?

Irish TuneR 06-01-2017 01:00 AM

Seems to be a general consensus that they should replace the trim around it too....

tjockhult 06-01-2017 06:49 AM

The trim - rubber strip that sits between glass and car - need to be stretched, and stretched again. Make sure it goes all around and in to the bottom corners. They have not stretched the trim enough if it does not meet the bottom corners. It will look a bit wrinkled at the top corners, but that should smooth out after a few days. The rear view mirror is a real pain to refit. I had an inexperienced fitter to do it first, but had to had it redone by two experienced fitters.

Halfbee 06-01-2017 07:54 AM

I mate of mine used to work for AutoGlass. He said never let the fitter come to you. They are always rushing about and don't have time to do a decent job. Back at the workshop they have more time and a warm, dry fitting area.

Stoatmaster 06-01-2017 08:33 AM

Absolutely check the mirror fitting, the one supplied with a number of after market screens will not fit the mirror correctly, which will vibrate or wobble.

I made the fitter remove the old boss from my cracked screen and fit it to the replacement, as the mirror fell off when I gave it a bit of a whack. The boss itself is of a different design, so quite easy to tell if its correct or not.

champion_hero 06-01-2017 01:48 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I'm STILL currently fighting a claim against National Windscreens for the dodgy job they did on mine.

Trim does not fit, Boss is not correct - thus, the mirror wobbles around like mad until it falls off (which it did at 70mph and under my feet), damage around the screen, glass shards which have caused a tear in the gear gaiter etc.
Admiral refuse to fit OEM parts on cars over 3 years old. It's been a right pain to say the least.

I've raised the concern with the financial ombudsman and now have my 3rd visit from National Windscreens to investigate/examine the issues.
Be warned.

noodels 06-01-2017 03:23 PM

^^ thats not the correct trim :argh:
Auto Glass fitted a OEM Honda screen in mine after I complained about a visit with incorrect parts,and phoned to check before hand also to explain problems with non OEM trim and glass fitment issues..
Got a refund of £100 <only cost £75> for the mix up