UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Windscreen replacement

Old 06-06-2017, 04:02 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

right so yes they wont entertain an OEM, i screamed down the phone at them and they stated i should have requested that at the start (they didnt give me the option!!) I just said god help you when you realise it hasnt fixed the issue. I will sue them for my time wasted and the damage to my car.

F-ing hate this, after they've fitted the seal if they say its fine im going to take it to honda for an inspection and get a report to say its wrong... so angry, so bloody angry
Old 06-06-2017, 05:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Lifecrisis,

I am due to have my screen replaced by autoglass tomorrow, and having read this thread I am getting worried!

Please could you share your contact names and contact no's at AG - so that I can attempt to head off any issues before they arise please?

I have already advised them they will need to ensure that they have new seals on board with the fitter.

Many thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 05:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Apologies LC - I have just checked and my screen supplier is Auto Windscreens rather than Auto Glass.

I have just called AW to request an OEM screen - and they are checking with my insurers to try to get their approval.

I hope you get yours sorted John.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:45 AM

Can I ask a massive favour of everyone.
can you post a picture of the gap between windscreen and surround at the top corners, you should be able to peal back the rubber enough to see.
this is mine:

About an inch gap between rubber and surround.
Yes he melted the rubber with a hot air gun trying to get it to cover the gap...

thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My seal on the car doesn't seem to be glued properly; has anyone else experienced this?
I had my windscreen done via autoglass; when he finished it and I drove off after the wait time, it started rattling above 50; the seal wasn't done properly and the mirror fell off. Sent an angry text and he came and fixed most of it except the seal which he said would 'shrink in the heat' which it didn't during the hot periods.

On topic: I'll take a picture when I walk the dog and edit to this post John, how big of gap do you currently have?
Old 06-06-2017, 11:16 AM

It's about an inch. He said mime would settle but it's bollocks, it shouldn't need moulding from the sun or heat gun, it should just sit correctly.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has been replaced by autoglass...will be ringing them up tomorrow...the same problem with the top seal, but also the plastic trim at the bottom has a quarter inch gap in the middle :-/
Old 06-13-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it doesn't help but the open corners are typical of over-stretched rubber seals on S2000s.
They (Autoglass) will say it doesn't matter because the screen is sealed on the inner flange flange, but you must contact your insurer and lodge a formal complaint or nothing will be done.
Autoglass will fight and delay forever, but your insurer must bring pressure to bear on AG.

IF your insurer is as effective as Churchill they will take your official complaint seriously and compensate you, as the job should be completed within 7 days to your satisfaction (Small print)
Churchill gave Autoglasss every opportunity to put things right on my S2000 but eventually asked me to find a local screen installer and get a OEM screen and seal fitted and they would re-imburse me fully, plus 2 x compensation payments, and they waived the excess.
Autoglass 'management' are tossers and I've now changed insurers to a company who do not deal with them.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for your feedback...I raised the issue before the pattern screen was fitted, but my concerns fell on deaf ears.

We'll see what today brings
Old 06-14-2017, 12:54 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

here's mine

Quick Reply: Windscreen replacement