UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Windscreen replacement

Old 07-06-2017, 04:28 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostWKD
Not just me lol... my pattern screen is fine but the trim less so. Sits high on one side so I complained and they did it again with a genuine piece of trim and the fitter has made a hash up of the job.

Damaged my wing/bonnet (chipped/scratched them), broken scuttle clips, damaged the new trim and the windscreen trim still sits high on one side.

Waiting on autowindscreens to come back to me with where we go from here now. Supposedly the fitter told me all the trim is the same and it's a problem with the part so won't get it perfect but I've had this exact problem before which they resolved on my last S2000.

Same situation s me then ghost!
They damaged rear view mirror and scratched down to metal around the windscreen... I have sent them a quote from my bodyshop so waiting for them to come back... longer they wait the more damage its causing due to rust .
Old 08-11-2017, 01:39 AM

Car is finally back from the bodyshop, new OEM screen and OEm rubber this time... suprise surprise it fits perfectly and the rear view mirror fits spot on too.

Only took best part of 2 months to sort out...

Next person to chip my windscreen will be getting some serious agro from me!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Car is finally back from the bodyshop, new OEM screen and OEm rubber this time... suprise surprise it fits perfectly and the rear view mirror fits spot on too.

Only took best part of 2 months to sort out...

Next person to chip my windscreen will be getting some serious agro from me!
John would you mind sharing photos of your seal fit at all please?

Still arguing with auto windscreens so be good to show them that despite what they say a factory fit is achievable (They've literally told me it won't be as good as factory before having another go at the job)

Glad you got yours sorted though
Old 08-11-2017, 02:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally!! Good to hear it's all done :-)
Old 08-12-2017, 01:18 PM

Sure thing bud, can do it on monday when I'm back home but here is one I took when back home from paint shop. The paint match round windscreen is spot on.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:11 PM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Glad its all sorted,i clean mine every time I get back home now, incredible how fast they chip !!
I try to leave a really long distance from the car in front now.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got in the car, lovely big crack in my windscreen looking back at me. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattc85
Just got in the car, lovely big crack in my windscreen looking back at me. Merry Christmas.
Good luck getting it sorted. I went through 4 windscreens and 3 bits of trim before I accepted 'ok' as a finish, they denied any responsibility for the scuttle clips breaking (despite being fixed back in place with sealant which could only have been after windscreen went in) and after sending me to a couple of their chosen garages for quotes refused to pay them as they were too high so ended up taking enough from them to get a chip repair kit and fix it myself.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by GhostWKD
Good luck getting it sorted. I went through 4 windscreens and 3 bits of trim before I accepted 'ok' as a finish, they denied any responsibility for the scuttle clips breaking (despite being fixed back in place with sealant which could only have been after windscreen went in) and after sending me to a couple of their chosen garages for quotes refused to pay them as they were too high so ended up taking enough from them to get a chip repair kit and fix it myself.

I got it replaced last night by National Windscreens in Bury. The guy said he had son a load of S2000's. He seems to have done a good job, the corners aren't folded in (he did say that if they do, to leave it a week and go back so he can pull them out and put some putty down).

As far as i can see everything is ok, is there anything i should look for. I have checked the mirror and its nice and secure.

The Crack

Old Seal

New Seal

New Seal

New windscreen. Good?
Old 12-19-2017, 03:37 AM

I had the rear windscreen in my hardtop replaced by Autoglass last week. I don't know if they've done the positioning correctly though, the trim/seal along the top has a big gap between the glass and bodywork with no compression. I've tried to show in the pictures below (not a good angle), not sure if the gap should be there and is causing fogging issues, what do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Windscreen replacement