S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Windscreen washers not working. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/windscreen-washers-not-working-402719/)

KMB 07-07-2006 12:28 AM

Windscreen washers not working.

My first and only fault with the S :eek: :cry:

The windscreen washers have stopped working, checked the fuse and that's OK, fluid has been topped up, headlight washers still work...... I think I need to take the wheel arch lining out to clean up the connectors to the washer motor. It happened before a few weeks back and just started working again for the last 3-4 weeks but stopped again yesterday :confused:

Any tips on access to the windscreen washer motor or other solutions much appreciated :cool: :)

Crusoe 07-07-2006 01:13 AM

can you hear the motor trying? Assume if the motor is workign to spray the lights then it is working (pretty sure it works off the same system) so it is probably just the jets being bunged up. Check the spray outlets, maybe use a pin or bent paper clip to poke out any blockage or running through some straight washer fluid. Had jets clog up using cheaper screen wash fluid before, maybe try some better quality stuff :thumbup:

KMB 07-07-2006 01:21 AM

Nope - Can't hear the motor trying to pump at all, I think that the headlight washers must be a separate motor, fairly sure the jets are not blocked ;)

richg 07-07-2006 02:19 AM

There is an in-line connector near the bonnet hinge (Driver's side). If you disconnect this here, and see if any fluid comes out when you try the windscreen wash, that will at least prove/eliminate the jets.

Otherwise, if you've alread checked the fuse, it's remove the O/S wheel arch liner :(

This is not too bad a job, but be prepared to break some of the plastic retaining clips as they tend to go brittle. Also note where they come from as it's easy to put everything back, then find you have a couple of "spare" ones left over :banghead:

Good luck and let us know what you find the problem is, for future :thumbup:
Wash bottle location in wing

KMB 07-07-2006 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by richg,Jul 7 2006, 10:19 AM
There is an in-line connector near the bonnet hinge (Driver's side). If you disconnect this here, and see if any fluid comes out when you try the windscreen wash, that will at least prove/eliminate the jets.

Otherwise, if you've alread checked the fuse, it's remove the O/S wheel arch liner :(

This is not too bad a job, but be prepared to break some of the plastic retaining clips as they tend to go brittle. Also note where they come from as it's easy to put everything back, then find you have a couple of "spare" ones left over :banghead:

Good luck and let us know what you find the problem is, for future :thumbup:

:thumbup: I'll try and take a proper look over the weekend, think I better pressure wash the wheel arch liner first as it looks rather filthy :(

I'll let you know my findings :)

KMB 07-07-2006 11:04 AM

All working again now, went as follows:

1. take wheel off front OS to make access to wheel arch easier.
2. remove fastners carefully around inner arch (only needed to remove the ones near the wash bottle reservoir).
3. tested wiring by disconnecting the lower clip on the lower washer motor and placing two wires in the clip connector, pressing in car switch for the washers and checking the bulb lights, (it did).
4. drained washer bottle by pulling off the lower black water pipe and redirecting washer water with a fresh pipe to a 5L bottle.
5. removed lower washer pump by gently easing from washer bottle.
6. cleaned connectors and clipped connector back on to check operation.
7. it works again! WD40 applied to the connector block along with a small cable tie to hold tightly in place.
8. reversed procedure, reassembled and all is sorted :) :cool:

No expense but it took me 1.5h to do :)

richg 07-08-2006 10:38 PM

[QUOTE=KMB,Jul 7 2006, 11:04 AM]
8. reversed procedure, reassembled and all is sorted :)

overtoa 09-09-2018 03:22 AM

Windscreen washer jets not working but headlights are. 2005 model

I have a 2005 S2000 and my washer jets have stopped working. I have changed the fuse and taken out the washer pump. The pump works on another 12v power source. The headlight washers work ok so I know the stalk is working fine.
when I measure the voltage on the plug I do not get 12v, I get a minor fluctuation of about a volt when I pull the stalk. If I remove the fuse I get nothing. To me this means a relay has gone, but I can not find anywhere a description of its location. I can not hear a relay when pulling the stalk. I can hear a relay when the headlight washers engaged.
Anyone know if there is a relay controlling the windscreen washer jets and its location? All circuit diagrams I find are for the pre 2005 versions with the separate button for the washer jets. I searched forums and found nothing. Thanks

richmc 09-09-2018 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Crusoe (Post 8044680)
can you hear the motor trying? Assume if the motor is workign to spray the lights then it is working (pretty sure it works off the same system) so it is probably just the jets being bunged up. Check the spray outlets, maybe use a pin or bent paper clip to poke out any blockage or running through some straight washer fluid. Had jets clog up using cheaper screen wash fluid before, maybe try some better quality stuff :thumbup:

defiantly two different motors

richmc 09-09-2018 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by overtoa (Post 24509284)
I have a 2005 S2000 and my washer jets have stopped working. I have changed the fuse and taken out the washer pump. The pump works on another 12v power source. The headlight washers work ok so I know the stalk is working fine.
when I measure the voltage on the plug I do not get 12v, I get a minor fluctuation of about a volt when I pull the stalk. If I remove the fuse I get nothing. To me this means a relay has gone, but I can not find anywhere a description of its location. I can not hear a relay when pulling the stalk. I can hear a relay when the headlight washers engaged.
Anyone know if there is a relay controlling the windscreen washer jets and its location? All circuit diagrams I find are for the pre 2005 versions with the separate button for the washer jets. I searched forums and found nothing. Thanks

This should help, the relay indeed has gone......... there isn't one.

can re edit picture

Sounds to me that as the motor works on another 12v source, you have an open circuit eather the earth side of the motor or the 12v feeding to it.