UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Worn Roof MY06

Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crotch I've just had the drivers side seat base replaced @ 11k miles on an 05 under warranty!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, I noticed this wear mark on mine for the first time at the weekend; I was going to post asking whether members have left it to degrade until a tear actually appears before claiming (my concern was playing the timing of a tear developing vs remaining warranty period)

If it was out of warranty, I would obviously look to use Shopman's tip, but given the car is under 1.5yrs old & 13k miles this seems a little early to be fixing things myself.

Am I correct in looking at some of these threads that I should just get myself off to the dealers asap to get this sorted now, depite it not being a 'tear' and only being 'wear' currently?

My wear mark is about half the size of the one pictured above.

Also, my two local dealers are Ascot (where I purchased from) and Reading. Both are owned by Cloverleaf but was wondering if anyone had experience with roof warranty with either of these; or failing that which had a more reliable service department

Finally if anyone has the names / numbers of who they spoke to at HUK it would be greatly appreciated & save me time going from pillar to post if the dealers aren't forthcoming.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Matt
Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 PM

My car is going into Cloverleaf in Newbury tomorrow to have a new roof and frame under warranty.

Cloverleaf are taking it to a hood trimmers to be done tho apparently as they have never done one in the dealership before.....
Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 PM

Interesing to know that, thanks CocoPops......you mean you still haven't got it done since April??

So I can manage my expectations, was this the dealer HUK stalling?

Hadn't thought of their Newbury dealership - if yours comes back looking great, I might take it there. Be sure to let me know how it all goes.

Matt
Old 07-17-2007, 12:42 AM

The wear on my roof was not as bad as yours, my dealer just replaced it without any quibbles - then we had a few problems but they are resolved now.

Crappy attitude from the dealers
Old 07-17-2007, 01:13 AM

Boab - what sort of problems can I expect?

Good to know some dealers are replacing the roof without any issue.

Will try to get mine into a dealer this week & see what they say

Matt
Old 07-17-2007, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by MJ2k,Jul 17 2007, 07:34 AM
Interesing to know that, thanks CocoPops......you mean you still haven't got it done since April??
I only took it in to them a few weeks ago..
It took a week to get approved by HUK.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:44 AM

Matt, they don't often change roofs so it's possible they wont put it on right, my lot took 2 goes. They also compressed one of the rivets that holds the roof on and it in turn leaked water into the boot. I also found a dent in the bootlid while I was washing it.

Take extensive before and after photos and then compare them to make sure the job has been done correctly.

My advice would be to go over it at the dealership with a fine toothcomb check for any issues that might have been created and then go home and give your car a wash and a coat of wax .
Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 AM

Thanks - agree its amazing what you only notice once you get to wax it again following it being with a dealer!

Remember reading your problems now you mentioned them; hopiong mine doesnt get those issues!

Matt
Old 07-17-2007, 03:52 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Avonvale Coventry changed mine under warranty,hood and frame. Had to wait for backorder but otherwise no problem.

Quick Reply: Worn Roof MY06