S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Wow! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/wow-45109/)

ukliam 02-02-2002 08:13 AM

Yes - Check my status, and my :D

It has arrived, and boy did I know it... Picked it up at 3pm and went for a drive with a friend.

Had people flash us (no main beam was not on), little toots of the horn, waves, much head turning :D (it's still there)

Well, I am actually pretty lost for words, tomorrow I think I will have a leather seat permanently attached to my bum :)

-Looking forward to many happy motoring miles-

Frenchie 02-02-2002 08:20 AM

Congatulations Liam and welcome to the fold :)

So are you going to come and show it off in Shrewsbury and Mid-Wales? Just imagine it.... top-down, sunshine, open roads, no urban sprawl, valleys, lakes, forests, mountains, twisties.... mmmmm... :cool: Plus lots of S2000 goodies to look at and compare ;)

We're up to 34 cars and 56 people now :D

AnDy_PaNdY 02-02-2002 08:23 AM

Wait until the sunshine comes out, your grin will get even bigger (believe it or not).:D

W6DAN 02-02-2002 09:42 AM

Congratulations !!
If you can, please post pics and more on the attention your new car gets :cool:

graybloke 02-02-2002 10:24 AM

Dont forget, pay careful attention to the running in proceedure:( :(

then...........

GIVE IT SOME STICK:D :D :D :D

Tifosi Red 02-02-2002 11:26 AM

wow Liam, that seems to have come around really quickly (bet it seemed an age to you though!)

Congratulations on the new motor and I wish you lots of trouble free and fun motoring for the months ahead. Bring on May!!

ukliam 02-04-2002 10:09 AM

What oil should I use to top up (if needed) during the run in period and up until the first service?

And is there anywhere I can get hold of a UK manual? Can you buy them from a Honda Garage?

TIA

Ross 02-04-2002 10:22 AM

Welcome to the club, and as Andy said, your grin will get bigger as soon as you can get the roof down

Toping up the oil will most definitely be needed and you should check every time you fill up, this is very important!! Some cars drink more than others but it appears that all of them drink a lot, particularly in the running in period. As for type, use a mineral oil or at most a semi-synthetic, don't use a fully synthetic oil until you have had your first service/oil change at around 9000miles.

Remember, no VTEC until 600 miles :rolleyes:

AnDy_PaNdY 02-04-2002 10:49 AM

Originally posted by ukliam
What oil should I use to top up (if needed) during the run in period and up until the first service?

And is there anywhere I can get hold of a UK manual? Can you buy them from a Honda Garage?

TIA

I always topped up with Mobil1 and now she hardly uses any oil at all (6000 miles now).

Do a search for the Manual, I think somebody had a copy on CD.

awinskill 02-04-2002 02:01 PM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY

I always topped up with Mobil1 and now she hardly uses any oil at all (6000 miles now).

Fcuk me Andy, do you only get it out when:

A) The sun shines
B) You feel like a pose
C) You think you're hard enough

?????

:p

You've not even had a service yet :eek: