UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

yellow speed coilovers anyone tried them?

Old 07-13-2015, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yellow speed coilovers anyone tried them?

Was just wondering if anyone has these and what did they think of them? any good?
Old 07-13-2015, 03:13 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

I could only find one thread which referred to them, and that was Tegiwa promoting their product.

Lots of people have the similarly-priced Meister-Rs so you would be going for a known quantity there.

I'd also avoid anything marketed as "Dynamic Pro Sport"
Old 07-13-2015, 04:55 PM

I have them on mine, cannot rate them higher. Much better quality and ride than the buddyclub coilovers I had on my old EP3.

Keep the car nice and stiff when you're pushing it but feel almost OEM ride quality when cruising, no crashy ride. If you're after going very low then they're a good buy, mine arn't even half way down and it looks 'slammed' enough for me to be thinking about raising it slightly. For the price they can't be faulted.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll hear the brand more and more, it's the fastest growing coilover brand in Europe. They're the control coilover in Civic Cup and with cars lapping Donington at 1:20 with just 190bhp per ton then you just know the suspension is doing its job very well. On top of that they have 15month warranty, and after sales handled by ourselves, we're always contactable by phone/email etc.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tegiwa Imports
You'll hear the brand more and more, it's the fastest growing coilover brand in Europe. They're the control coilover in Civic Cup and with cars lapping Donington at 1:20 with just 190bhp per ton then you just know the suspension is doing its job very well. On top of that they have 15month warranty, and after sales handled by ourselves, we're always contactable by phone/email etc.

Great response, these look very promising for a 'budget' coilover, I use the term budget as for some of us £600-£700 is a lot of money and way out of budget.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:48 AM

These were available for the mk4/6n2 Polo crowd a few years back. Made in malaysia if I remember correctly. RobinA3 may be able to chime in here.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:54 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Which version are being used for the Civic Cup, the "Dynamic Pro Sport" at £629 or the "Premium Competition" at £958.80?
Having said that, track lap times on race cars are of little to no use for a road car user...

I see the DPSs have sensible-ish spring rates of 10F/7R, so that's quite good, the PCs are a crazy 18F/16R
Old 07-14-2015, 06:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The field uses Premium Competition, however Luke all season in the CRX used Dynamic Pro Sport as he wanted to give the entry level range a real test, they performed excellently.

They've had very little coverage in the UK and Europe up until just 12 months ago when we took over distribution. We loved that Yellow Speed aside from being a great product were so heavily involved in motorsport themselves in Asia. They know Honda chassis' particularly well having raced their own EK's, EP's and DC5's for many seasons.

They're made in Taiwan.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tegiwa Imports
The field uses Premium Competition, however Luke all season in the CRX used Dynamic Pro Sport as he wanted to give the entry level range a real test, they performed excellently.

They've had very little coverage in the UK and Europe up until just 12 months ago when we took over distribution. We loved that Yellow Speed aside from being a great product were so heavily involved in motorsport themselves in Asia. They know Honda chassis' particularly well having raced their own EK's, EP's and DC5's for many seasons.

They're made in Taiwan.
Would you like a volunteer s2k to fit them too, I will happily provide a review for daily UK road us.

^
Shameless attempt at getting some coilovers
Old 07-14-2015, 07:20 AM

I also wish to volunteer in providing a wide sample area of test users with which to demonstrate the daily road use of this product or service.

Quick Reply: yellow speed coilovers anyone tried them?