UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

[Group Buy] - HKS Supercharger Kit

Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post [Group Buy] - HKS Supercharger Kit

Si @ Hendy Performance has kindly agreed to setting up a group buy for the HKS Supercharger for our S2000! These kits will ship from the UK so you wont be stung by import duty or VAT either. These carry a one year warranty as standard (further details below). For those who would like to do some further reading, the original link to Hendy Performance is here:

HKS GT Supercharger Pro

Fairly straight forward to fit; no need to remote mount your oil filter or drill/tap into the oil pan for an oil feed. Also to note the following:
  • Ideally you would upgrade your clutch to a Stage 2 variant to take into account the increased power. Competition Stage 2 kits are well reviewed on here as they have similar feel to OEM jobbie. (The OEM may work but you will shorten the lifespan of this considerably)
  • Check the condition of your knock sensor. These tend to be damaged when maneuvering the gearbox for a clutch change; or may fail due to old age. (Brittle plastic) Imperative the knock sensor is in good condition for when you map the car.
  • To get the most out of the supercharger; you would need to upgrade the fuel pump & injectors. Walbro 255 is a good choice for the fuel pump; whilst Deatschwerks or IDs are notable injector manufacturers.
  • If you are going to be changing the fuel pump; might be worth replacing the fuel filter inside the housing. Typically around the £35 on eBay. Thanks to markforrester99 on this.
  • Check the condition of your radiator as a large amount of surface area will be covered by the supercharger intercooler. Thanks again to markforrester99 for pointing this out.
  • Depending on the year of your car (MY99 to MY05 I believe?) you will need a standalone ECU. (AEM or Haltech options) Otherwise if your car is DBW, then you can flash the map HKS supply using the flashdata tool. Eitherway; you will need to map the car so please take this into consideration.
  • A wideband is beneficial when running an aftermarket ECU as well as any forced-induction application. AEM do an inline (gauge-less) option for those who dont want a gauge.
  • Colder plugs are advisable. NGK Iridium BKR8EIX from any good motorfactors should do the trick.
I'll keep the list above updated with any further suggestions from current HKS supercharger owners as I know a few on the UK board here have them. Pricing-wise Si has agreed on a price of £2600 including delivery for an initial group-buy of 5 units. I have asked for a lower price if the group buy surpasses the initial 5 unit allocation so we will be afforded a further discount bringing down the price to £2525 if we hit 10. The following rules apply to be added to the group buy:
  1. A deposit to secure a place in the group buy needs to be paid directly to Si @ Hendy Performance. This is to stop time-wasters from ruining it for everyone else. Deposit is currently set at £200.
  2. Once the deposit has been received by Si, you will be placed on the group-buy list.
  3. Full payment needs to be made prior to your supercharger being sent out. (Obviously) No loan agreements are applicable here.
  4. The sooner you pay off your balance, the sooner you receive your supercharger. Once we have reached the minimum 5 names on the list; you can pay off your balance immediately. You do not need to wait for everyone to pay up before receiving yours.
  5. If you have paid the £2600 prior to us hitting the 10 unit mark; then subject to all allocated units being paid off in their entirety you will receive a refund of £75 - so you wont lose out on the cheap(er) pricing
  6. All warranty will be for 1 year - with a certified/approved dealer fitting / if self install is undertaken documented proof of install will be sufficient as long as no further mods to the kit (pulley/belts etc) - All warranty claims sent back to Hendy Performance then onto HKS Europe then onto Japan (all by Air - inspection can take 3-5 weeks pending what item it is etc)
Think that's about it.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 PM

Additional Offers
If purchasing the HKS Supercharger as part of this group-buy; you are eligible for the following heavily discounted offers:
  • HKS Fuel Upgrade Kit. This includes Injectors, PnP Harness, Fuel Pump and larger restrictor than the one that comes with the stock supercharger. £585 all in.
  • AEM Series2 ECU (non-DBW version). Full UK warranty via an authorised AEM distributor. £991 all in.
Again - You are only eligible for the above prices if buying as part of the supercharger group-buy. If you are interested in buying these items separately; then they will be listed at the retail price currently offered by Hendy Performance.

Payment Information
As above, in order to secure a place on the group-buy you will need to send a deposit of £200 to Si @ Hendy Performance. Payment details are provided below. Si will then inform me when payment is made, and your name can then be added to the list below.

Payment Details:
Paypal address - eshop@hendy-group.com Reference - Please include your S2KI Username & HKS Supercharger GB

Confirmed Group Buy List:
  1. Trunkz - Deposit Paid.
  2. johnckeen - Deposit Paid.
  3. Define198 - Deposit Paid.
  4. Blackmoon - Deposit Paid.
  5. harvey - Deposit Paid.
  6. Shaddow - Deposit Paid.
  7. mattfduk - Deposit Paid.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:04 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

A couple of obvious points to mention; you will need to cut into the cooling fan surrounds and the stock bumper to fit piping. But it's all very well explained in the documentation.

Good price that Trunkz.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:11 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

So much want for this. Any chance of getting another GB set up for AEM ECU? As I guess everyone looking to buy this kit, will need ecu.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:41 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddow
So much want for this. Any chance of getting another GB set up for AEM ECU? As I guess everyone looking to buy this kit, will need ecu.
I don't think Hendy Stock AEM, may be worth talking to HTune or even TDI North about a supply and map option?

Question for Si and Trunks, What is the time scale on this group buy? when would the deposit be required by and more importantly how long will a place be help for the group buy if we do put a deposit down?
Old 05-06-2016, 12:18 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

RE: the AEM ECU (plug n play)

I have a meeting this morning on this with the official UK Importer of AEM I'l post more once details are confirmed.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by har-vey
Originally Posted by Shaddow' timestamp='1462518662' post='23958704
I don't think Hendy Stock AEM, may be worth talking to HTune or even TDI North about a supply and map option?

Question for Si and Trunks, What is the time scale on this group buy? when would the deposit be required by and more importantly how long will a place be help for the group buy if we do put a deposit down?
Si will be offering an price on the AEM ECUs alongside this group-buy. I will update the original post with any pricing as well as particulars.

Regarding time-scales; I believe getting the deposit first is more important and then you are free to agree a timescale with Simon on paying up the remainder of the balance if you so wished
Old 05-06-2016, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddow
Get your deposit in then monkey
Old 05-06-2016, 12:50 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Laith requested some better pictures

Old 05-06-2016, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking to get a HKS kit on the car at the end of the month/ early June. Hopefully the group buy will fill out quickly as I would be really interested.

Quick Reply: [Group Buy] - HKS Supercharger Kit