UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 1999 Imola Orange JDM S2000

Old 05-17-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1999 Imola Orange JDM S2000

Update: The engine has started to knock very slightly at around 4000rpm as I discovered on my way to its MOT this morning. Therefore this will need to be repaired and the price as been ammended accordingly.
Or you could break this and make a tidy profit.

Finally up for sale is my beloved JDM Honda S2000 which has been my daily driver on and off for the last 4 years, I was going to sell it last year but I was enjoying it too much for it to go, however a company car now forces the sale.
Mileage is around 133 000 however being an import, the first chapter of its lift was in Japan so this ends up being around 17,000 miles less than shown.
It was serviced recently including a full fluids (brakes, differential and gearbox fluids) less than 10k ago, however it has developed a knock.
It comes with a few nice modifications including:

- Honda hard top with fitting kit (worth around £500 alone)
- Injen cold air intake - wrapped to prevent engine heat soak.
- Work SR2 17" 7j & 8j Wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE050s up front and Hankook Ventus V12 at the rear both with around 5mm of tread.
- Meister R Coilover Suspension with Tegiwa driveshaft spacers to avoid any vibration under acceleration.
- Amuse R1 Titanium Dual Exhaust
- Cusco brake stopper - makes an incredible difference to the braking feel
- Modified TCT to prevent the S2K rattle which happens, and replacement timing chain at mileage 110,000.
- Clifford G5 Concept 650 alarm with two fobs and keys (one fob has a dead battery which I shall reprogramme before the new buyer collects)
- FLYBIKESLEE front undertray
-Enkei RPF01S are not included but instead will be supplied with a set of 17" Work SR2s as shown in the last picture, obviously these will be cleaned up but they are flaking a little.

The clutch was replaced approx 25,000 miles ago with a genuine Honda unit and a lower mileage gearbox to cure a notchy 2nd gear by TangoVTEC on this forum.
I have always ensured that it has been serviced and treated well during my ownership and it has been a reliable beast as such being driven almost every day until I ended up being forced into a company car with my new job.
New front brake calipers to cure the common sticking problem due to worn brake pins and fitted with Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Bad points: It is no garage queen and as such the bodywork is not in first rate condition. it has black freckles up front from stone chips and could benefit from a full respray to cover the old blemishes and scratches. There are a couple of areas where I have just blown over to cover a couple of small scrapes.
The rear arches were rolled prior to my ownership and weren't done particularly well, however they have been treated with Bilt Hamber sealant to protect them from deterioration.
The driver's seat has a small hole in one of the bolsters but this has never been of great consequence.
Front screen has a very small chip which doesn't impact it at MOT time for the past 3 years (ideally the screen could do with being replaced as it is still on the original screen).
I used to have a low level spoiler fitted which was secured to the boot by bolts and there are a couple of small holes in the boot lid, these can therefore be used for another spoiler or filled and painted.
The Work wheels are my secondary set of wheels as it was run on Enkei RPF01s for the most part so could do with a referb.
The soft top is in pretty poor shape and could do with being replaced but since the hardtop is on I haven't really used the soft top in a long time.

Service History: Now, I've kept pretty much all the receipts and paperwork which I've had done throughout my ownership and I have almost exclusively used a local garage which has always seen me right. However there wasn't any service history with the car when I bought it. In summer 2015 I had the bottom end shells replaced after finding a few small fragments during an oil change as a precautionary measure prior to a trip to Wales and the car has run fine ever since. There is a very small rattle just on start up just where the oil takes half a second or so to reach everywhere.
I have almost always carried out the oil changes myself with the intervals being around 5000 miles for an oil change using Castrol or Shell so there aren't service receipts for many of these.

The private registration will be coming off the car and V865 NRH will be the reg supplied with the car. however all history checks can be completed with M14 UGO.

So there you have it, one of the first S2000s made and a fantastic car at what I think is a reasonable price, yes it could do with some TLC, or if you're brutal you could probably break it make yourself some profit, but I would much prefer if someone would keep it on the road and enjoy it.

I am an enthusiast owner and member of the S2Ki community and a Honda enthusiast and I can honestly say that this has been the best car to own (I've had a few)

Viewings are welcomed and test drives with proof of insurance are also welcomed.
The car is located in Norwich, please feel free to contact me with any queries and I shall do my best to answer them.

Up to date photos to be added shortly showing the correct wheels.

now; I've already had a few queries about breaking/parting out various bits, I would be willing to consider this option on a part exchange basis for stock equipment, I don't really have the space or facilities to be changing everything over and the car is in a pretty nice state for the new owner to enjoy straight away so I would rather keep as it is.

Price: £3800

Last edited by MattyH; 05-20-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:53 AM

Just to update, I took the car down for its MOT to get a fresh ticket on today and noticed that the engine has started to develop a slight knock. As such the price has been lowered to take into account the work to remedy this.
​​​​​​​
Old 05-19-2017, 05:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want this! Someone please help me with engine swap
Wife and I will do a 3 week Eurotrip in June. Driving at least 6000 kms and eventually ending up in Finland with knocking engine sounds a bit too risky. Anyway, buying another S2000 would be much more adventurous than driving our beloved S2000.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:41 AM

Sold. This has gone to a dealer in Southampton, I suspect to be broken for parts.

​​​​​​​

Last edited by MattyH; 06-09-2017 at 01:24 AM.