UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2004 Civic Type S

Old 10-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 2004 Civic Type S

For sale is my facelift EP2 Civic Type S, which has been a fun and dependable friend for a year or so. A change to a Type R variant of this car now necessitates the sale of this one.

The Civic is finished in Grey, has half leather black interior trim and is a 2004 on a '04' plate, which avoids the higher road tax costs of some of the 2006 models. It also benefits from having air conditioning fitted which has recently been gassed and is ice cold and also effective at clearing the windscreen on cold mornings.

There are the usual Type S refinements: 40mpg, 5 Speed Manual gearbox, cruise control, Electric Door Mirrors, Heated Door Mirrors, 4x Electric Windows, Remote Central Locking, 2x keys, ABS, VSA (vehicle stability assist), Steering Rake Adjustment etc, Steering wheel stereo controls,

The original owners manuals and toolkit are also present.

The mileage is 130,000, and may increase a little. The car is in very good condition throughout, runs beautifully and performs exactly as you'd expect. Nice solid body work, no rust and minimal stone chips etc. There are a few age-related marks (detailed below), but nothing to adversely affect the ownership of the car, and certainly straight forward tidy-ups for the next keeper.

There have been 4 previous owners and the MOT runs until the 10th of June 2018, and has passed the last test with just an advisory for slight cloudiness on the headlamps.

The standard stereo has been upgraded to an Pioneer unit, with iPod control and connectivity and the steering wheel controls are fully functional. The standard stereo can be put back in required.

The Civic has been 100% reliable every day when used so all work performed has either been routine servicing, or replacing general consumables (brake pads, tyres etc).

Service wise, the there is a mixture of main dealer and franchise history until 2016 in the service book. Upon me taking ownership in a signifcant service was performed by myself (a fully competent ex automotive technician), and I have all documentation for parts used and services performed.

I recently replaced the coolant radiator as the old unit was looking at little tired. 4x suspension drop links have also been replaced.

I have all paperwork and 2 keys.

All serviceable items have been replaced throughout, and valve clearances have been checked and adjusted.

Point for improvement:

There are some small stonechips around the bonnet and front bumper area, due to general use.

There is a small crack in one of the front fog lamps, this doesn't affect the operation however.

The alloy wheels have a few marks and a little pitting on the surface, but nothing too serious and doesn't significantly detract from the look or cleanliness of the car.

That's about it really, nothing serious at all but I just wanted to be honest.

I'll be sad to see the Civic go, genuinely! However I don't have a signifcant commute to do any more so I can have a slightly more expensive car to run (the Type R!)

Not looking for a part exchange, but am open to reasonable offers.

Please give me a call on 07973 333066 or email at Danwinfield@hotmail.com for any more information.

Car is located in West Sussex.

£1295

Thanks for reading.

Dan

Last edited by TangoVTEC; 10-09-2017 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Add price!
Old 10-09-2017, 12:55 AM
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Dan,

You're missing the price !

GLWTS
Bharat
Old 10-09-2017, 04:31 AM

Whoops, my mistake! Thanks, price now added!
Old 10-21-2017, 01:46 AM

Sold!