UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: My Seibon wings for Moonrock OEM + £

Old 05-12-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: My Seibon wings for Moonrock OEM + £

Hello!

Couple of months ago I've won an auction on ebay and ended up buying a couple of brand new Seibon front wings for S2000. Made by Seibon, the come with the usual cons and pros:
  • they are 10mm wider than original, which is a good thing for someone considering bigger wheels, but it also means that arch liner needs a bit of massaging and persuasion to fit, but nothing too serious;
  • they are pretty much handmade, so not all of the mounting points/bolt holes match the OEM ones, some of them need to be trimmed/extended/redrilled to fit. This hasn't been done on my set yet, since I've only kept them on the car using the points that match + zip ties where they didn't;
  • the carbon fiber pattern is spotless, they do look very good, not sure if the pictures do the justice;
  • obviously they are lighter than the OEM ones, but not by much;
Here's some pic from the day I've received them, more detailed pictures will be available upon request:

Since taking the pictures the car has done only a few hundred of miles, haven't noticed any scratches or any other marks so far, will inspect them and update if I'll find any
What I'm after is a set of front wings in a good condition and some money. I offer two options:

a) Your wings + £250 and You get to pick them up from Cornwall and drop off Yours or arrange all the deliveries. I live in Padstow, so this might be an option for someone local, someone coming for holidays or someone who has trustworthy and flexible delivery company. If You would come with Your car, we could swap them on the spot;

b) Your wings + £350 and I'll rent the van, take the wings off, pack them neatly, deliver them to Your door, take Your wings off You and go back to Cornwall. That extra £100 should cover the rent and petrol, and from my experience is much safer than trusting 4 big and fragile body parts to couriers. It also comes with a handshake, chance to talk about Your S, listening to me going on about my S and a "ultra express" delivery, on a date suitable for both of us;

I personally would prefer option "b", since it's something I've done a few times already. Sadly, I doubt I'd go further north than Birmingham, anywhere up to that point is doable and I've done it before Hopefully there's someone here who would love to go Carbon Fiber and a set of OEM wings would have to go anyway

I would prefer buyer to be as close as possible to Cornwall.
Due to booking car for the full respray, wings for exchange do no have to be in Moonrock Grey anymore, any color will do as long as they are in good shape.

(Can't seem to find a way to edit thread name to remove "Moonrock" bit )
Old 05-16-2014, 04:13 AM

Due to very urgent personal issues, I have to leave the country for a few weeks, so offer is suspended until I come back.

Sorry
Old 05-16-2014, 04:35 AM

Hope you're ok dude.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure you dont want some berlina black wings instead
Old 05-17-2014, 04:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hope all goes well mate. Let me know when your back.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:20 AM

I'd love these but I only have berlina wings and they're in a terrible condition, willing to buy yours outright if you can't manage to come to a deal with someone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2014, 03:36 PM

Hey man hope everything is ok, still interested in these, if you agree to me buying them I will purchase you a pair of wings in moonrock and get them sent to you.
Kinda really want these haha
Old 08-03-2014, 02:40 PM

Bump, the offer is back on. Sad to see them go, but after deciding to stick with OEM wheels and booking a full car respray in September, don't see the point of keeping them. Due to respray will accept different color wings, as long as they in good condition and are as close as possible to Cornwall. An updated picture (will make some more detailed ones for sale as soon possible):

Old 08-08-2014, 02:40 PM

Sold.