S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-sale-wanted-120/)
-   -   GB: Potential Mugen group buy (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-sale-wanted-120/gb-potential-mugen-group-buy-177658/)

Gentoo 01-23-2004 01:16 AM

A new dealer has opened in Glasgow (GP - www.gpshop.co.uk) and after discussing this with several people by PM there is a possible group buy for shiny new Mugen products.

I would be happy to organise this and would like to get an idea of the demand.

I have summarized several emails below FYI.

Please indicate your interest and if it is viable we can formalize it next week.

Orders so far-
=========
Gentoo
chrisr111 - got your PM
S2Filtre
Mark Turner
VTECAZ

>Hi m8,
>
>we can offer the full range of Mugen products, as we are an official dealer.
>
>example prices (non-group buy). Varies based on exchange rate:
>
>ECU:

cheshire_carper 01-23-2004 01:44 AM

So can I get this straight, the Mugen CAI is 1k?

Lurking Lawyer 01-23-2004 01:48 AM

Could be less, Col - Stuart is negotiating to see what kind of GB reduction we can get. But otherwise, yes.

I'm now sorely tempted to go for the manifold AND the CAI. Just as I thought I was starting to make in-roads into my credit card debt too.

Have to think about that, but I'm definitely interested in the manifold either way.

cheshire_carper 01-23-2004 02:04 AM

2k.........:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

You must have balls the size of watermelons...

Put me down as a potential on the CAI.

Amuse Boy 01-23-2004 06:34 AM

I'll double check what the yen price for the Mugen stuff is. That way you guys can see if you are being ripped off or not.

Gentoo 01-23-2004 07:19 AM

Errm,

I am not trying to rip anyone off here, this was a personal deal for me that I was asked to open up to other members.

I am not making anything form this.

Amuse Boy 01-23-2004 07:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gentoo
Errm,

I am not trying to rip anyone off here, this was a personal deal for me that I was asked to open up to other members.

Gentoo 01-23-2004 07:31 AM

Sorry, it has been a long day.

I originally looked at the Mugen web store and the prices seemed to be near enough to what GP were asking. I will have to see what they will offer us on a GB.

I like the idea of a supplier that is five minutes from where I work for a change.

Amuse Boy 01-23-2004 07:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gentoo
Sorry, it has been a long day.

euan 01-23-2004 08:30 AM

:yikes: More money for me to spend :rolleyes: :)

I might be interested Stuart - I'll chat more when I see you tomorrow.

What I am wondering is :

What is the warranty effect if Mugen parts are fitted after the car is supplied?

and is the ECU a good idea ? (I seem to remember Brian saying something about it being tricky to get working well with UK fuel :confused: )